Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. BAT3500

Correct shocks for 3500 dually rear air auto leveling

I think i installed the same 5100 shocks from shock surplus as gimmie11s after one of my stock units blew out. No issues noted with the replacements. Appeared to be same length travel as stock and we have not noticed any changes good or bad in ride quality.
  2. BAT3500

Ram 3500 5th wheel prep kit installation.

Ditto, I bought the hitch from the rv dealer (not a camping world type store) and had them install on my 2020 Ram. It only took a couple of hours at most and was done while we completed paperwork and did the walkdown/inspection for the new RV. There were also several 4-wheel drive accessory type...
  3. BAT3500

Banks Ram Air with Heater

Despite the adds that keep popping up on these page (at least for me), seems like not available for most of our trucks, so really a moot point.
  4. BAT3500

Nexen Tires (factory installed)

My nexen's have done the same thing. Have about 26k on them.
  5. BAT3500

My 2 month trip , will my 3500 Aisin make it?

Never mind the truck, will the RV make it? Our 2022 40' Alliance Valor has turned out to be a total piece of carp. Seems it's been falling apart from day1 and spends most f it's off time back at the dealership. Sadly, I think all the RV's are mostly the same these days, same junk components...
  6. BAT3500

Shocks

Not expecting any of type off road adventures. But in this case the air bags are just helpers, not a standalone true airbag system. The 3500's are all rear leaf springs units, just different builds between the air level and non-air level trucks. The ride heights are different but...
  7. BAT3500

Shocks

Need to replace my shocks on my stock 3500 DRW with air level suspension. At least one rear shock is definitely leaking and blown. Bilstein only lists the 4600's for the rear shocks., no dimensions provided on the web page. Not really interested in having bright yellow/blue shocks hanging from...
  8. BAT3500

Have you forgotten?

And remember the first sitting president not to attend memorial ceremonies!
  9. BAT3500

Fuel mileage hauling: Diesel V Gas

9 vs 10 also considerable impacts towing range. 279 miles vs 310 for the standard 31 gallon tank if'n you burn them dry...
  10. BAT3500

Mega Cab Dually 5th Wheel Towing Recommendations

Pullrite superglide. Chose this hitch simply because it was an auto slider. No need to get out of the truck to engage the slider. First trailer was a keystone product, just traded in for an Alliance, both 40' toyhaulers.
  11. BAT3500

Mega Cab Dually 5th Wheel Towing Recommendations

I have a 2022 megacab dually, pull a widebody new 5th wheel on a regular basis (about 15K mile last year) and wouldn't personally consider anything else other than a slider hitch. Losing your bed space to haul things suck, but it is what it is. You basically have a 6' bed with the axle roughly...
  12. BAT3500

Do you keep something in the receiver to prevent rear end damage if someone bumps into you?

another reason not to live in in Illinois.... My 3-6" (depending on truck) drop down ball hitch is mounted as soon as a new is delivered and rarely if ever is removed dating back to the mid 80'S. Been hit a handful of times over the years, hittee always received the worst damage, and in one...
  13. BAT3500

Experience with "roll up \ aluminum" type covers

Ditto for me. Mine is about 3 years old now and still going strong. The only issue for me is that i live in a wooded area and every few months in the fall and winter you have remove the canister cover to clean the drains.
  14. BAT3500

Brighter backup lights?

If the tradesmen trim still uses separate incandescent bulbs for back up lights, just simply upgrading to cheap LED bulbs from fleabay will make a significant improvement. I did for my 2013 and no issues for the 6 years i owned the truck
  15. BAT3500

2022 Ram 3500 - Towing Disappointment Justified?

This mirrors my experience as well. Changed from 2020 SO to 22 HO Considerable improvement towing the same fifth wheel.
  16. BAT3500

What is normal oil consumption?

How many miles were on the oil before changing? It may be just a sign of dirty oil. My last ram used/lost some oil in a relatively short time when i apparently extended the oil change interval a little too far. Dash gauge said i had oil life left and i was also going by the oil analysis from...
  17. BAT3500

Towing break-in and my warranty

Ditto from above. I only had about three hundred miles on mine before hooking up to fifth wheel 4 hour trip.
  18. BAT3500

New ZF trans for 2023?

I-35, I-40, 287 north TX and OK all have their share of rather modest but long grades. With 3.73's and 68rfe most case could not hold speed, even after downshifting. I am talking dropping 10+mph too, not just a couple of mph. With 4:10s typically can typically hold speed with ease. To their...
  19. BAT3500

New ZF trans for 2023?

Judging from my previous EcoDiesel, if it's up to the task i think the ZF would really shine and give Ram the clear edge over the competitors just from the better gear spacing and smoother shifting compared to either of the HD trany options. And a bonus if the final drive ratio was a bit higher...
  20. BAT3500

Dealer Service Survey

Unless unusually bad service, I normally don't fill the surveys out and return them at all because they are used incorrectly and generally the wrong people seem to get dinged if you report anything less than perfect and not going to falsely report 10's either. New car/truck sales usually get...