Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

Lowering Rear

instead of lowering the truck a better choice is an adjustable ball mount. When set up correctly the trailer and tow vehicle should both be as close to level as possible. Towing unlevel affects breaking... sway and on tandem axle trailers improper load distribution on the axle bearings.
  2. H

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

I get 10 towing a 37 foot travel trailer...14 around town and 20 empty on the hwy.
  3. H

How is the GVWR determined 3500s

no as I have been retired for a few years. What I am referring to is the weight you can tow. The way the state tow capacity is misleading because of the way they determine the load ratings
  4. H

As a rep in the rv business that is a long standing figure used when selecting a trailer to fit the tow vehicle
  5. H

And you are a pompus ass talking out you butt. I have been doing this for over 50 years probably longer then you have been alive.
  6. H

Anyone ever lowered the rear?

I said in many not all....
  7. H

Keep in mind all manufacturers determine the rating using a flat trailer with a load. If you trailer a camper (TT orFW) deduct 10% from GVWR to allow for the wind resistance
  8. H

B&W or Fastway?

If you are going to tow a TT you should be using a weight distribution set up with sway control not just a ball. Very different from a boat or utility trailer. I have towed TT's over 250000 miles and prefer the old school Reese hitch with 2 adustable friction sway controls.
  9. H

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

Last thing I will say....if a gooseneck coupler was so good all FW would have it. Its you rv do as you wish. Oh and the frames we used were better then Lippert....who bought them out.
  10. H

A pinbox is designed to absorb a lot of vibration and load and soften the vehicle movement something a gooseneck does NOT provide. I have seen frames shear off on goosenecks that never sheared with a normal pinbox.
  11. H

FWIW....you can void the warranty on the FW and cause frame cracking using a gooseneck. I was a rep in the RV industry and know
  12. H

Anyone ever lowered the rear?

Dangerous as well as stupid looking. And in many you can get engine dry sump causing failures
  13. H

2020 3500 12 inch uconnect issues

I had an issue at 400 miles where all sound went total garbled static. Went to the dealer and the did a hard reboot (disconnect battery for 15 to 20 min) and sound was good. Left to go home and had no XM and the heater controls were stuck on high fan full heat. Went back and they said return at...
  14. H

Noisy drivers seat.

Nope. As weight shifts it make the noise. I checked the bolts. It was fixed for 2 months then came back
  15. H

Noisy drivers seat.

Has anyone got a drivers seat that pops and clunks? Mine can be heard and felt and is very annoying. Dealer has replaced the seat frame once which stopped the problem for 2 months now its back. Ram said to replace the frame again.
  16. H

Trailer TPMS Sensors

Nope they must be Mopar sensors
  17. H

Trailer TPMS Sensors

Look in your owners manual....it states the system comes with 4 sensors
  18. H

2500 6.4 8spd towing a 3k-4k sxs/boat Mpg

I have a 2020 with 6.4 and 4:10 gears. I get 15 around town ...10 towing a 38 foot travel trailer...and 20 on the highway not towing. And I tow at 70-75 mph
  19. H

Speedometer changes to kph to mph when plugging in trailer

Not a big deal I got use to it in a couple of tows. I still can't get use to my wifes new car shutting off at a light unless you pust the switch to disable the function....that is total BS
  20. H

Speedometer changes to kph to mph when plugging in trailer

It will happen every time....just use the steering wheel button and push up it will return to MPH