Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Blackpowder

Your gun is poop

That's quite a shot! My last bull was at 38 yards, so a bit closer. That's what I like about muzzleloading, the rush of being close to game before the shot (when you can get close). The CVA Optima V2 will be a very nice gun. And yes, muzzleloading is a bit more gear intensive. They are...
  2. Blackpowder

Your gun is poop

I have been hunting with a muzzleloader since 2004 in WA. I currently use a CVA Accura V2 and really like it. I happened to draw a quality bull tag the 1st year I used my Accura and tagged a nice bull. Have fun!
  3. Blackpowder

Tires for towing

I have been running a set of Continental TerrainContacts for 18,000 miles and I really like them (60% towing a TT). They are quiet, ride well, and are showing good wear traits so far (60k tire). If your not a fan of white lettering you can flip them .
  4. Blackpowder

OBD reader

I have the 8.4 screen. It would be nice to display the info on the main screen, but I have not looked into whether that is possible. I currently use my Android phone when I want to look at any data.
  5. Blackpowder

OBD reader

You can monitor regen info using OBDLink MX+. I use the OBDLink app on my phone.
  6. Blackpowder

Regens at alarming rate!

2021 3500 Standard Output. That is a screenshot (Android phone) of my EGT dashboard in the OBD Link app. The truck was doing a timed regen while I was towing my travel trailer.
  7. Blackpowder

Regens at alarming rate!

You might consider an OBD scanner that uses your phone when you want to view/monitor something. I use the OBDLink Mx+ and have dashboards set up to view EGT, DPF, and DEF info. I leave the scanner plugged into the OBD port, so I just pull the app up on my phone when I want to view something...
  8. Blackpowder

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

Thanks. I assumed this also, but could not find any linkage of these numbers on the internet.
  9. Blackpowder

Automatic Regen too often

Unloaded mine generally runs in the 425-600F range depending on speed and hills. Active regens reach 1000-1050F.
  10. Blackpowder

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

Does this mean the 68334657A part number called out in the Stellantis regen document is the AARFN (German) sensor?
  11. Blackpowder

Sometimes life serves you lemons....OK, most of time it's just lemons

It happens. This summer I caught the lower corner of my front painted bumper on a large rock I did not see. Of course my parking sensors were de-activated since I always park in the garage. Had they been active, I would have been alerted before hitting it. Lucky for me a little touch-up...
  12. Blackpowder

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

These worked well for me. I also made slight adjustments to the two adjustable stops, being careful not to put excessive pressure on the hood. You can check for play by gently pressing on the hood directly above the posts. If there is a gap you can feel it. I also kept my eye on hood...
  13. Blackpowder

First Regen? New diesel owner

This is interesting. Since monitoring this summer, mine typically ends around 40% after active regen. It stays in this area until I hit around 10 hours. Then increases fairly linear with time until 100% and the next active regen.
  14. Blackpowder

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

It's missing the ketchup stains.
  15. Blackpowder

PO755 Code

I had a similar issue last summer while towing a 6k trailer with the cruise set at 65. 2021 SO with 68RFE. Shutdown and restart, ops back to normal. CEL & P0765 (Shift Solenoid D). Had 10k miles on the truck. Put 1k more miles on with no issues before dealer could get me in. Stated...
  16. Blackpowder

Frequent regens (~100 miles); no help from the dealer

Not sure why that PID (time since last active regen) will not work on your 3500. I have a 2021 3500 SO and it works. I have attached the PID details again to ensure we are talking about the same PID.
  17. Blackpowder

Great. See attached for what comes up when I search for regen. The only PID related to miles is average distance (miles) between regens, which I found is not accurate. I have also attached the dashboard I recently set up to monitor regen/DPF info.
  18. Blackpowder

Is the database on the unit updatable? That might be an option.
  19. Blackpowder

This might be it. I searched the pdf and did not see any candidates :(
  20. Blackpowder

You could try doing a search of the file using likely parameters like "regen", "time", etc. I did this in the OBDLink app to find PIDs related to what I was looking for. Many times the titles were not obvious. Sometimes there were multiple candidates. Then had to load a display and see if it...