Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. slimchance

No 12v power on 7 way Trailer Plug Wiring Connector. Need Help

you we right, opened the fuse box, used the chart in this thread, found the Macro 20a fuse and found it blown... did not have this size fuse (Macro) neither did TSC but Advance Auto had all sizes and good stock ... plugged in the new fuse and walla right turn signal ... you and this thread saved...
  2. slimchance

do you know which fuse that is AND what size/style it is???
  3. slimchance

2019 Ram 2500 BH ... have a problem with my trailer lights .. checked the bumper plug with a test light (both 4 pin and 7 pin test the same) ... i have tail lights, left turn signal BUT no right turn signal ... signals all work on the trk ... i have trailer tech package, but have NOT tested the...
  4. slimchance

5th Wheel Towing Prep Group Problem

as posted before the B&W fit my 2500 Ram .... i did not like my 2019 Cougar 29RDB (5th whl) and traded it on a FR Adrenaline 27KB toy hauler, so took the B&W out of the Ram, took about 20 min., and set it in the Garage .... makes a really nice table .. don't know what i will do with it
  5. slimchance

cb install

i put mine in the console and used a mag mount antenna ...
  6. slimchance

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

my toyotas were so close i stopped hand cal ... the 1500 Ram is +/ - 0.2 mpg ... the 2500 is =/- 0.9 mpg ... i think the problem is the 2500 uses way more gas while idling than it thinks it is using, cause the more i idle the farther off it is
  7. slimchance

has anybody used the HaulGauge Mobile Tongue Weight and Payload Scale

see my post #13 in this thread ..... i do think it would work better with a 1500 because it would sag more and that is one thing the sensors look at ... my 2500 needs LOTS of weight to sag ... even when hooking up my 5er it only sags about 1/2"
  8. slimchance

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

my 2500 does NOT do this at all
  9. slimchance

MDS

my conter point is the primary reason for eTorque is to save the fuel that is used while sitting in traffic, stop lights, stop signs, etc ... so you say "barely uses any fuel when idling" ..... must be enough fuel to warrant a costly system like eTorque ..... i have eTorque on wife's 1500 and...
  10. slimchance

MDS

really ... then why the eTorque
  11. slimchance

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

my EVIC is all over the place, sometimes even right on (rare) .. with almost 11, 000 miles the overall "local" driving is 14.5 mpg and towing a 10,500 # 5er in Pa is 11.0 .... plenty of power .... carrying about 500# extra all the time ... and nobody has ever accused me of driving like the...
  12. slimchance

Gas pedal self accelerated and scared the crap out of me anyone else

mine has done this also, when it stuck while accelerating out a ramp, at 85 mph, hard braking and putting my toe under the gas pedal and pulling back, the pedal clicked like it was stuck on a piece of plastic that broke loose ... NO codes when i took it to the dealer, so they could not do...
  13. slimchance

Where are my longbed folks at?!

here's mine ...
  14. slimchance

MDS

mine does the same over use of MDS .. from a stop lite on a 10 - 15% grade my trk will go from stop up the hill with the mds light on then continue on with only 4 cylds .... i have told my wife this trk only has 4 cylds .... don't get me wrong, i can see without the mds the mpg would be lower...
  15. slimchance

Firestone Transforce AT Tires Are Useless

well, on the same bridge with my wife's trk they really do not wander like my trk .... my trk you have to hope it stays on the bridge and hers is just a wiggle ... just saying .... and mine does the same thing on rain grooves, bad wander ...... and before anybody asks, yes everything is tight...
  16. slimchance

Firestone Transforce AT Tires Are Useless

i have these tires also and they are junk in mud or snow .... and as for "towing, the tires with straight tread pattern tends to wander less when towing " .. i cross a metal deck bridge over the Juniata River on the way to the cabin and these straight tread tires wonder all over the bridge...
  17. slimchance

5th Wheel Towing Prep Group Problem

i have the B&W Companion hitch .. it has some adjustment in the puck locations ..... when i installed it i did need to loosen one of the puck to get it in and then tightened it up .... no real problems .... no real way to measure it with the hitch in place and that is the way i keep it ... sorry...
  18. slimchance

Snow chief group.

so it looks like i do not have the Snow Chief Group $645 i have the "Heavy–Duty Snow Plow Prep Group $195 " and it looks like the difference is $450 cheaper and NO
  19. slimchance

Snow chief group.

already have those sheets ... here is the build sheet and window sticker ..... i reviewed them and it seems i have the Heavy–Duty Snow Plow Prep Group $195 220–Amp Alternator LT285/60R20E OWL On/Off–Road Tires Transfer Case Skid Plate (looked but can not see it, will have to ask the dealer to...
  20. slimchance

Snow chief group.

i have the group BUT do NOT have the ....Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches, Transfer Skid Plate or off rod tires .. other options seem to have deleted these three but not the price ($645)