Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

Factory Air Ride While Towing

I also just found the slip with just the truck, me, my wife, and our dog. Truck full of fluids and the rest of "us" and it was 8900 exactly so that adds up, I might have over estimated the pin weight by a 100 lbs or so....don't know what the difference is. My "empty" rear axle weight that...
  2. R

I'm 130 lbs under with me and a full tank of both fuel and def. I've had them across 2 CAT certified scales since I was so close on the first one. My total truck weight comes in a 11,670 :)
  3. R

no, I had a 2017 model and hated it. It pulled our older camper wonderfully, but when unhitched it rode rough and took a 10 acre field to turn around. It was also a bit difficult to put my boat in the water given that a few of the ramps here on Smith Mountain Lake require you to make a decent...
  4. R

I have a 2021 Cedar Creek 371FL that scales out at 15400 lbs with about 2900 lbs on the pin and am using a 20k rated Pullrite superglide hitch. It's a load for sure, but I'm under all the weight ratings for the truck.
  5. R

I made it about 10k miles and we bought our new 5th wheel and I just couldn't stand them anymore!!!!
  6. R

I have the same tires on my truck and they make it tolerable when trying to pull my 5th wheel. The part number for the KYB's 2014-2018 w/ Air leveling is: 5550006 That's why I've been trying to find out what suspension changes were made from the 2019's to the 2020+ models.
  7. R

I've looked and looked and read and read......on one of the forums there is a long, 20+ page discussion about shocks and there are some not so friendly posts in it...I just don't remember where it is. There is a company, KYB that makes shocks for 4x4 3500 trucks with factory air, but only for...
  8. R

oh, it's working. I drop it to the alternate ride height and everything. The main issue happens when traveling over bridges or when I hit a bump.........
  9. R

yeah, there is a lot of debate about the factory air system and the way that Ram chose to reduce the spring ratings for a "smoother" unloaded ride. Mine rattles my teeth out either way....my 2017 dually without factory air rode better than this truck does. I'm really disappointed with how this...
  10. R

mine does the same and the rebound is terrible. It's like riding a pogo stick down the road. I hate it and wish that I hadn't gotten the rear air suspension. I have 2600 lbs pin weight and am under all of the trucks ratings for towing and payload...I've had it on 2 different CAT scales to be...
  11. R

Differences between 2019 and 2018 3500 rear suspension

Good afternoon folks. I'm wondering, and can't seem to find any information about, what changes were made to the rear suspension during the model refresh that occurred on the 2019 model as compared to the 2018 model? I have the factory rear air suspension and am having some bouncing/5th wheel...
  12. R

Lower Two Tone Paint Option

the painted bumnpers that are brown, not silver, are only available on the Laramie Longhorn trim. On the Laramie and down, the 2 tone doesn't include the bumpers.