Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. O

service air suspension

Yeah, if you are riding in bump stops then air pressure leaked out. Check the fuse to make sure it didn’t burn out completely if your pump isn’t even coming on. Its not getting power or shot. Good luck and keep us posted.
  2. O

No front brake pads available!

Was able to secure a set of front brakes from geno’s (finally!). Swapped the fronts out this morning in my drive way. Took about 2 hours which includes brake fluid bleeding. The front set only had about 3/32 left and the inside ones were definitely due for a new shoe. 35,xxx on odometer...
  3. O

No front brake pads available!

Legit problem trying to find front pads for these HD trucks. You can get aftermarket hawk’s or duralast in about a week but the mopar OEM is back ordered for a while. So order them sooner than later if ya’ll can. Dealer wanted $299 for the OE pads, Genos was cheaper but also back ordered...
  4. O

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

I have been using STP full synthetic 5w-40 for two Oil changes so far as it’s easily available at my local auto zone. $26 for 1 gallon (4qt). Has the CK-4/SN specification needed for Cummins. I really like this oil and use it in my generators and boat.
  5. O

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

anyone know how long it takes for a HPFP to be replaced, assuming all parts needed are there?
  6. O

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

Major trucking shortages across the country. Oil, fuel filters, oil filters…. Plan early as things are going to get worse come holiday season. People are buying stuff like crazy in the US and supply chains are struggling across the board. Forget anything coming from China, that’s a given delay...
  7. O

My PW died.

Diesel and DEF both have ammonia which is used as a repellent. Both can also be found in a Cummins. Must be a gasoline thing….. Glad you found the root cause of the initial failure. Figure out a way to keep rats and rodents off the truck.
  8. O

Camera System Unavailable

So between the time I posted this thread and about 2 minutes ago, I went out to park the truck in the garage for the night and the camera system was operational. Backup camera and 360° surround view. I take it this is normal after disconnecting the batteries for 20 minutes each to replace them...
  9. O

Camera System Unavailable

Did a search and could not find an exact match. 2019 Ram 2500 CTD I replaced both batteries this morning since my passenger side battery had a leaking negative terminal post (which was draining both batteries somehow). After installing the two new batteries and connecting everything together...
  10. O

Does the Ram HD's come with the 2 1/2 inch to 2 inch hitch adapter?

If you are serious about towing, get a 2.5” hitch. The adaptors are fine for occasional use but for long distance and extended use, they slide back and forth with considerable strain on the hitch receiver pin. Over time, the metal stress will cause fracture. Just my 2 cents.
  11. O

Cabin Air Filter - PSA

Just a PSA for those that haven’t replaced their cabin air filter. Just hit 25,000 miles and live in texas, I should do this more frequently as the dust, dirt builds up easily here and allergies are unbelievable. Talking about the cabin air filter. Got a charcoal based one from Amazon for $16...
  12. O

service air suspension

Posting an update after a year without any issues....got the same “service air suspension” evic message for no reason other than parking on uneven pavement and it got really cold overnight. Message stayed on for a few days even though the truck was used extensively. Reseated fuses 50 and 87. Got...
  13. O

Bed lowering mode details

It’s still there for me. Are you sure it’s not under the suspension controls or the apps screen?
  14. O

Cummins B6.7 Recall Fuel Pre-heater recall

Agree...a bit of searching Cummins site, it looks to be not related to the RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. Hopefully!
  15. O

@RamCares Can you shed some light?
  16. O

Anyone know if the new Cummins recall is applicable to our trucks? It says b6.7 cummins engines used in trucks.. but doesn't say which trucks!!!! https://landline.media/cummins-recalls-nearly-70000-b6-7-diesel-engines/ https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCAK-20E018-5206.pdf Ugh...... I...
  17. O

Recall Manufacturer Safety recall issued 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY

Just an update here, I finally got the VB6 and W03 recalls done yesterday after waiting 1.5 months for the parts. They also did an RRT on my ramboxes and one was so deformed, they ordered a new panel for it. Waiting for that part now. Anyway, drove 45 miles after the transmission work and...
  18. O

Loose shift lever fix

Did this fix twice and column shifter loosens after a while.....gonna try the loctite approach and see what happens...
  19. O

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

That's what the dealer said. The recalls are scheduled pending parts (tranny fluid fire recall). My concern is with the "improve emissions control performance".... how is that being done exactly? Restricting fuel flow? Changing air/diesel mixture? Reducing injector flow? Increasing compression...
  20. O

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

^same here. Got it today and I am sure dealer will do at same time as tranny fluid one in a couple of weeks but want to know if it will hurt mpg......I don’t want a de-tuned truck....that’s why I left the ecodiesel and went hemi then now in Cummins..... Very little details as to what this vb6...