Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Looks great with the airstream!
  2. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Thanks a bunch for the additional info. Sounds like Ram primarily promotes the air ride as load leveling, but since it replaces the coil springs it would stand to reason that it would improve the ride under no load situations too. I’ll have to do a bit more research on it. I have no doubt this...
  3. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Thanks everyone for the additional input. My 99 F250 has been a great truck for towing, but is noisy and slow, has a jarring ride, and you need a football field to do a U turn in. This is not a slam on the F250, but more a reality of how auto technology’s has advanced over the last 20 years...
  4. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Thanks for the input hutchman. I will look into the gas 2500 as well. I suspect I’ll go the the diesel just for the added low end grunt and the fact that I tend to buy and hold on to vs. trade up much.
  5. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Thanks guys. We love our Airstream so no 5th wheel in our future. Maybe another Airsteam someday, but after 23 years with this one, we still love it. Omarf4 your experience is really valuable and I’m pretty sure that’s where I’ll end up too. Was not sure if that rear air auto level was worth it...
  6. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

You certainly would be better educated on that front than me. Thanks for the input. I guess the positive side of not having too much payload is it makes you decide what you really need with you!
  7. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Anything over 1500 would work for my requirements. My very preliminary research makes me think a loaded limited Cummins non mega would be 1800 or so?
  8. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Hi Ogamiitto. Thanks very much for your thoughts on the 3500 and gas vs. diesel. For my purposes, i think the 2500 will have plenty of payload even with the diesel, and I'm pretty partial to Diesel after having enjoyed he powerstroke for 20 years. Having said that, I'm not yet clear on the...
  9. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Thank you Jeff and 1hasbeen for your thoughts. Jeff, nice looking rig! Your experience is obviously very pertinent and valuable. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I would love to hear how you feel as a comparison after you get the 2500! We just returned from a trip from...
  10. Kmayer

2500 or 1500

Man am I going back and forth on this decision. I have a 99 F250 7.3 Powerstroke that I bought new to tow our 1995 25’ Airstream Excella Classic. The Airstream has a dry weight of 5500 and tongue weight of 700 according to the manual. We installed three solar panels and it's just my wife and I...