Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. MarkCO1

MarkCO1's 2022 2500 Big Horn

Finally got some time and I built the rear deck for the Ram. Pretty happy with it.
  2. MarkCO1

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Spring Bath. Wife vacuumed the interior, interior datailer on the dash and doors, cleaned windows. I power washed the underside, then the exterior and bed, detailer on the tires. Put it away then pulled it out this morning and detailer on the outside. I use Lucas Oil Slick Mist detailers...
  3. MarkCO1

Your gun is poop

Take wolf repellent. :rolleyes:
  4. MarkCO1

Pre purchase recommendations?

DD and towing under 12K, I'd go 3/4 ton gas. Mostly towing, 1 ton Diesel.
  5. MarkCO1

Need a little help determining how much trailer I can legally tow.

Many rural locales, not heavily enforced. Some State Patrols really get busy with it on the Interstates. That said, even if "not enforced" if you are in an accident and braking is any issue at all, you might get into the weeds with insurance. I work (professionally) accident reconstruction...
  6. MarkCO1

Lets see what you are towing!

A little editing in Photoshop, that could be a wallhanger of a photo. :)
  7. MarkCO1

The Chill Cubes are pretty amazing (in comparison to the old stuff). 40% more efficient and you can vary the levels. No soft start needed.
  8. MarkCO1

I'm hoping the 8K and 12K chill cubes are out soon.
  9. MarkCO1

How do Ram headlights compare? Halogen vs reflector LED vs projector LED

I've seen several folks just get the Auxito direct replacements for the Halogens. They have their own circuit boards internal and are plug and play from what I can see from many who have swapped them out. Has anyone actually tried the Auxito? I used them in my 2011 and was happy with them.
  10. MarkCO1

MarkCO1's 2022 2500 Big Horn

This past week, took the 2500 on it's first road trip. 1955 miles. We towed the 6200# dry (about 7400# loaded) trailer to Phoenix and back. Had some rain, sleet, blizzard, slow crawl past accidents, hills and passes. Averaged 10.1 mpg with a trip average speed of 56mph. That includes the...
  11. MarkCO1

Each double line of screws holds a panel at is about 3x5 feet. This is before it was taped. It was some time effort, but I know it's done well.
  12. MarkCO1

Fluid Film

$45 for a gallon, $45 for a Sprayer, $5 for a Tyvek jumpsuit. Call it $60 a year and a few hours. I'm wanting this one to last until I can no longer drive. :)
  13. MarkCO1

Your gun is poop

Intermediate Gas 16" is where it's at. :cool:
  14. MarkCO1

Fluid Film

Those of you who use it, do you power wash the underside first? I assume so, but just straight water. I'd assume any soap in cracks and joints would reduce the effectiveness.
  15. MarkCO1

Your gun is poop

And with a longer gas system, will be softer, longer lasting and more accurate. :)
  16. MarkCO1

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

It's worth serving to be able to get USAA. Gronk ain't wrong.
  17. MarkCO1

I've not seen my rates for 2024 as I pay annually. August of '22 to August of '23 was a few dollars more for the autos and TT, the Umbrella went down and the home policy went up about 5%. The Tahoe is on a separate policy, when Farmers wanted $1K for 6 months, Progressive wanted $400 in 2021...
  18. MarkCO1

That means your actual rate has increased. As the value of your vehicle falls, half of you bill should fall with it if you have full coverage. If it is staying the same, they are offsetting the incremental increases with the incremental decline in value. I was with farmers since I was 16...
  19. MarkCO1

A WSJ article recently reported that the increase of high-tech sensors added to vehicles, such as automatic breaking, lane minders, dynamic cruise control, etc. makes even minor accidents substantially more expensive to repair. That $8K package might cost you another $10K over the life of the...
  20. MarkCO1

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Cool. Would you humor me and try it with MDS off as well! I like that muffler a lot from what I have read.