Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Worst Nightmare Already

The final payload won’t be anywhere near 4900. Not on your config. Closer to 3400. Unless you changed your mind and went with the dually.
  2. A

Fuel Additive

That's what I use. Half a bottle every time I tow.
  3. A

Unloaded Tire Pressure to Ease the Ride

I run the same PSI loaded or unloaded. 60 in the front, 80 in the rear.
  4. A

Cummins Maintenance Costs

I spend $9.99 on def once, maybe twice a year. Oil change I do yearly and it costs me about $65. Fuel filters I do about every year and a half and I buy the filters when their on sale, about $80 for the set. Injectors aren't something you have to change often. And if you take good care of...
  5. A

Extended warrNty

Get an extended warranty from your local credit union. Much cheaper.
  6. A

Cummins Break in period

I did'nt even bother with any sort of break in period and towed right away. 4 years later it's still fine.
  7. A

Tonneau Covers

I had an extang solid fold on my previous truck and it was great. For my current truck I wanted to get another but it's hard to drop close to a grand on these things. Ebay! Turns out these covers are made and sent to the same town in california. From there different companies slap their...
  8. A

Worst Nightmare Already

Ram box and mega cab really eat in to payload. About as much as the diesel over the gas engine does.
  9. A

Worst Nightmare Already

You won’t be at 4100. That’s MAX payload for a srw 3500. It changes by configuration. If you look at door stickers from people with a similar configuration you’ll see you’ll be closer to 3400. Dealers lie. And they’re dumb.
  10. A

Worst Nightmare Already

D distance is irrelevant. As you found out. Things can happen any time any where. And for a variety of reasons. Most accidents happen within 5 miles of home. Someone cuts you off, you swerve, but you’re riding on the bump stops. Handling is adversely affected as is braking as a result.
  11. A

Worst Nightmare Already

You’re going to be overloaded again. Your final payload will be around 3400lbs. Fully loaded for camping the weight is going to be up there. Let’s say you have 4 adults weighing 175lbs each in the truck. You just lost 700lbs off your payload. That 5th wheel hitch weighs what? 100lbs? That...
  12. A

Worst Nightmare Already

Sure doesn’t look like a dually. Not with that maximum payload number. Something’s off.
  13. A

2019 3500 DRW w/air suspension - rear axle spring rate?

No dishes or bedding for them? Water in the tank? Batteries? Full propane tanks? Sewer hose? Water hose? All those things add up fast. You would be driving so your weight counts as well.
  14. A

Oh you were way beyond 2280lbs on it. That's the EMPTY pin weight of the 5th wheel. Loaded up with all your stuff and that number goes up. You have to add in your weight and all the weight of everyone in the truck. And the weight of everything in the truck. I guarantee you that payload...
  15. A

No way to know without seeing the door sticker. However being a dually it will be fine for your 5th wheel. This has some very rough numbers: https://www.ramtrucks.com/content/dam/fca-brands/na/ramtrucks/en_us/towing/Trailer_Tow_Excel_2019_D2_OFFICIAL_INTERNAL_2-06-18.pdf Yours will have less...
  16. A

2500 vs 3500 suspension for towing

Weight limit is the door sticker. Stay within the rated payload limit and it will be fine. That limit is the same with or without them. They supplement the leaf springs. Ram's site has payload ratings for each model. HOWEVER, the specific options and configuration you order take away from...
  17. A

It's one less leaf. From what others have reported the 3500 with airbags has a better ride than one without. Unloaded.
  18. A

Well no, i'm at work. In a cube living the dream. Probably best not to make personal phone calls here. Even if you called FCA you're just going to get someone who's reading from the brochure. Dealers lie or don't understand their own product. I've heard all sorts of dumb things from them...
  19. A

What answers do you need?
  20. A

It's fine up to it's rated limited. Your truck just had a low payload due to it's configuration. With a different configuration a 2500 could have much less weight on it and thus much more payload and the bags would be fine. The weight on the suspension isn't just what you're towing but also...