Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AnthonyD1978

Local group did a video on my Power Wagon build.

Filmed a few months ago. I've added some rear lights into the AEV rear bumper since the video was shot, but the truck is basically done now. Just enjoying it and adventuring now. Thinking about picking up a car to have fun in. They are trying to build an overland community on Discord at...
  2. AnthonyD1978

For Sale: Arizona Power Wagon suspension

$400 Pickup in AZ. Will not ship unless buyer wants to pay for shipping (I don't think it will be cheap). The suspension came off my 2019 RAM 2500 Power Wagon with 25k miles on it. I do believe this is all that's needed to give a 4th and 5th gen RAM 2500 the lift that the Power Wagon gets...
  3. AnthonyD1978

PSA: for Ram Box owners

Make sure your boxes are actually locking. Both of my lock actuators on each box have had a little plastic retainer break. This keeps the actuator from actually being able to lock the boxes. You can find these plastic retainers at auto parts stores. I store tons of gear in my boxes and the...
  4. AnthonyD1978

PSA: If you have the NH Overland Auxiliary battery mount

I know a few of you run this mount and more probably will. While installing mine I found 3 areas where the mount rubbed. You may want to check yours and make sure it’s not rubbing. Over time the sharp edges of the mount will rub right through. I split some rubber hose and slid it around the...
  5. AnthonyD1978

Can you have your heater/AC turn on with remote start?

I know it will turn on the heated wheel and seats when it's at a certain temp outside, but is there any way for it to turn on the HVAC to the setting you had before turning the truck off? I noticed it will only do it after you've opened the driver's door after remoting starting, but not if you...
  6. AnthonyD1978

FS: Carli Pintop rear springs

They only have maybe 100 miles on them while they were on my Power Wagon. I swapped them out for the +2 Carli spring because I drive my truck at basically max payload 24/7. $300 + Shipping. Same rear springs found here...
  7. AnthonyD1978

Carli Pintop install DIY

Well, it finally arrived after 5 months. There is a good shop not far from me that CJC actually recommended to do the install, but they are booked out until January. So it looks like I'll be tackling it myself. I'm not looking forward to drilling the frame as it's a tight space. I also might...
  8. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon goes to the Grand Canyon

Camped the north rim of the Grand Canyon over the weekend. Not a bad view to settled down next to. Here are some pics and a vid of me pulling a tree out of my path. I forgot my cot I usually sleep on so I moved into the "kitchen", aka the bedslider.
  9. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon in Sedona

10. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon makes a great steak

Hiked a cave last Friday and then drove up the mountain to make some steak with a pesto sauce and veggies for lunch. Cave is about 1 mile long and was formed from lava.
  11. AnthonyD1978

We don't need no stinking roads.

Sorry, not sorry.
  12. AnthonyD1978

Brake pads the same as 2018 trucks?

A quick search did not give me the answer. Can anyone confirm the brake pads for the 2019+ 2500s are the same as the 2018 2500s (Power Wagon in this case). Mopar part #'s appear to be different, but that doesn't mean they won't work. Most aftermarket brake pad manufactures aren't listing the...
  13. AnthonyD1978

Chopped my bumper for more clearance

I dislike most aftermarket bumpers based on aesthetics and weight. The only aftermarket bumper I like is the AEV one, but it provides very little function over the OEM one so it's hard for me to justify the price and labor to put it on (I will be getting their rear bumper). I decided to chop my...
  14. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon Vs. the Volcano

Took the PW up to some volcanos. The old lava rock has turned into pebbles and sand. If you're not careful you will easily sink into it. I'll return here to do some camping and long range shooting.
  15. AnthonyD1978

*SOLD* Rough Country SPEEDOMETER/Tire CALIBRATOR

$100 shipped (48 states). This has been used with my old 5th gen 1500 and 2500. It has been unregistered and set back to default to make ready for its new owner. Same as the one listed here: https://www.roughcountry.com/speedometer-calibrator-90019.html?find=2019-ram-1500-4wd-755170 Works...
  16. AnthonyD1978

Disabling the remote tailgate on the key fob

So I've always been paranoid with this truck and my last truck that I would accidently open the tailgate from the fob when I actually meant to activate the remote start. If I did this at the wrong time my tailgate could open and slam against my garage door or anything else I'm backed up against...
  17. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon cliff side camping

Son and I did some camping last weekend again. Luckily none of us sleep walk. Was a nice relaxing path to this spot and it was a nice change of pace. I've been really happy with the rack setup. The next big mod will probably be a bed slide later this month.
  18. AnthonyD1978

Power Wagon river camping

Did some camping over the weekend here in Arizona.
  19. AnthonyD1978

Handgun mount to drivers seat

Finally got around to fabbing this up. Priorities for me: 1. A secured mount that will stay in place in the event of an accident or rough trails. 2. Quick access for my dedicated truck gun. While keeping some level of concealment from passerby’s. 3. Works with my Safari Land QLS mount/holster...
  20. AnthonyD1978

Some Arizona mountain exploring

This is what's known as "Castle Creek Road to Cleator". I'd rate it Moderate High depending on what paths you take. High ground clearance and 4wd would be fine here. Anything beyond that just makes it much easier. Wider vehicles be aware of the drop offs and small wash outs on the edges...