Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handgun mount to drivers seat

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Finally got around to fabbing this up. Priorities for me:

1. A secured mount that will stay in place in the event of an accident or rough trails.
2. Quick access for my dedicated truck gun. While keeping some level of concealment from passerby’s.
3. Works with my Safari Land QLS mount/holster from my gun belt. This holster has manual retention that must be defeated to draw the gun.

Previously I kept this gun in a another kydex holster in my center console.

6E76FDBD-63A2-477A-846A-6778F1BD9504.jpeg
CF4D0F61-0400-4CE1-AC6C-1B7786C6F28F.jpeg
97A33C14-5125-47BA-874F-546D6EEDB38F.jpeg
35382570-4581-494D-BFBE-0AE845AD7F9B.jpeg
85255759-B508-4A69-9A2D-FB21E4D101F8.jpeg
916432B6-2BDE-40AF-8107-E9A8BF609F1A.jpeg
7826F6DB-6279-4909-BBCA-87BE85471603.jpeg
D5A915F5-BCD1-43F6-81D0-4A262012634C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Finally got around to fabbing this up. Priorities for me:

1. A secured mount that will stay in place in the event of an accident or rough trails.
2. Quick access for my dedicated truck gun. While keeping some level of concealment from passerby’s.
3. Works with my Safari Land QLS mount/holster from my gun belt. This holster has manual retention that must be defeated to draw the gun.

Previously I kept this gun in a another kydex holster in my center console.

View attachment 14774
View attachment 14775
View attachment 14776
View attachment 14777
View attachment 14778
View attachment 14779
View attachment 14780
View attachment 14781
Very nice!

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
I guess i should be asking for a list of other places i need dedicated guns for - i seem to be unaware of these requirements
Anywhere the baddies are. Easy.

I’m guessing this isn’t “concealed” enough for CCW states. It certainly isn’t locked away enough from misuse (if someone gets to your unlocked gun and does bad stuff, you may be held liable in CA). Less worried about that and more worried about valet, car wash or young curious son exploring our truck.

not judging, all good. You’d need to be cocked & locked for one handed use, which means drawing potentially across a major artery in left leg—be careful of inter limb sympathetic squeeze. I know you are military and likely dry fire/practiced drawing a million times. It’s the cool kids on the internet that copy what they see that need adult supervision...

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I guess i should be asking for a list of other places i need dedicated guns for - i seem to be unaware of these requirements

My house, my truck, my belt. That should cover all your bases. Basically wherever you have a fire extinguisher and the gun on your belt will cover the rest.

I would keep a cop in my pocket, but my town only has 2 cops.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Looks good! is it easy to remove the entire holster from this mount to put on your belt?

Yes, the holster unclips easily and then clips on to my belt I use for OWB drills. The holster will clip on to anything that has the holster mount attached. It's called the QLS mount and it's from Safari Land.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Anywhere the baddies are. Easy.

I’m guessing this isn’t “concealed” enough for CCW states. It certainly isn’t locked away enough from misuse (if someone gets to your unlocked gun and does bad stuff, you may be held liable in CA). Less worried about that and more worried about valet, car wash or young curious son exploring our truck.

not judging, all good. You’d need to be cocked & locked for one handed use, which means drawing potentially across a major artery in left leg—be careful of inter limb sympathetic squeeze. I know you are military and likely dry fire/practiced drawing a million times. It’s the cool kids on the internet that copy what they see that need adult supervision...

No, would not be considered concealed. Fine in states where open carry is legal like it is here (and fairly common).

There is some level of owner responsibility and knowing your environment. Would I leave my gun mounted like this if parking in Phoenix or another big city? No, I would put in in the center console.

If you draw straight up you won't muzzle your legs or body. ;)

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Nice setup. Thanks for sharing.

I’m working on something like this using safari land or Blade tech mounts and a Phlster floodlight TLR1.

I was going to use the desert does it mount for Ram, but I’m too short (the seat is up too far)

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Nice setup. Thanks for sharing.

I’m working on something like this using safari land or Blade tech mounts and a Phlster floodlight TLR1.

I was going to use the desert does it mount for Ram, but I’m too short (the seat is up too far)

I had difficulty finding a way to mount it under the seat. It would have been easy to mount something using the seat bracket that bolts to the floor, but I wanted the gun to move with the seat so it was always in the same location relative to me. Under the seat bottom had too many electronics, etc. I ended up pulling the seat cushion up in the front, which was easy to do, to then find good surface area for my gun mount.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I had difficulty finding a way to mount it under the seat. It would have been easy to mount something using the seat bracket that bolts to the floor, but I wanted the gun to move with the seat so it was always in the same location relative to me. Under the seat bottom had too many electronics, etc. I ended up pulling the seat cushion up in the front, which was easy to do, to then find good surface area for my gun mount.
Looks like a good solution, for sure.

Failing to have a good solution in place thus far, I just keep the weapon on my person for now. Or, for a long drive, I might remove the holster with the weapon retained and store it in a door pocket or something but that limits access.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Looks like a good solution, for sure.

Failing to have a good solution in place thus far, I just keep the weapon on my person for now. Or, for a long drive, I might remove the holster with the weapon retained and store it in a door pocket or something but that limits access.

You could always use a magnet.....

Nado

Reaction score
Great idea. However, for trucks that have a center console with a map pocket, you can use a JM4 tactical holster. They are magnetic, and its the easiest, way to use as an EDC carry and double as a truck mount.

Nado

Reaction score
What's funny Anthony? Not trying to start a contest....but I used it in my 4th gen 1500 and my current 2500. Nice to just slide it around the lip of the map pocket in my truck or my wife's vehicle. Then can use it to carry when out of my rig. No drilling, etc... LMK if you want a pic.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Duh, every room in the house, each vehicle, body.

Make sure you stash extra loaded mags like Easter eggs. Just don't forget where they are.

Here's my "office" gun. No holster needed.

20200728_191947.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread