Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. hdas

Jack base for Ram 3500 Prospector

Hi, I'm wondering if people with lifted trucks have some recommendations for a jack base to make my stock jack suitable for my lifted RAM (12.5cm x 10cm). Online search is yielding little. Thanks a lot.
  2. hdas

Recommend Me a good Jack for Offroad

Hi, I'm setting up my overlanding rig. One thing I've haven been able to figure out is what is a good Jack for a big HD Truck (RAM 3500). I'm mostly thinking about tire change and not lifting the car for recovery. I was initially thinking about the ARB Jack, which is quite price, but I've been...
  3. hdas

Custom Bed Considerations

Hi All, I have a 2023 SRW 3500 Laramie. Currently considering installing a Bowen Custom Bed. One of the options I have is to have is to have a 18 inches "garage" near the cabin, which will necessitates a longer bed. Also, I'm a bit concerned that I'm giving up the rear bumper, so losing...
  4. hdas

Accommodating a 37" Spare: Can It Fit in the Original Under-Bed Space on a RAM 3500?

Hi All, I recently encountered a noteworthy suggestion about stowing a full-sized 37" spare tire. I’ve seen a DIY project where someone managed it on a Tundra with a 35" tire, and I've also viewed photos from an individual who proposed this idea in another forum. It appears that some minor...
  5. hdas

Taking care of your truck - Heavy Winter Considerations

Hi All, I live up high 8000ft in Colorado. I just got a new 3500 Laramie SRW, will turn it into a Prospector (not XL) and add a camper. There's no way I can fit the truck in my garage once I have to install the spare in the back, and height could be an issue as well. The truck is likely...
  6. hdas

RAM 3500 Rear Seat Platform

In this video, around 3:25 timestamp, it shows the ability to set up a platform for using the rear seat space. Does anybody know what Trim is required to get this OEM, or are there any good aftermarket replacements?. I'm planning on getting a BigHorn, but the ability to have something like...
  7. hdas

Kindly help me choose between Standard and High Output Cummins

I'm documenting my buying process here. But this is a specific drivetrain question which is very appropriate in this esteemed forum. This is my use case: Overlanding Vehicle. Living at 8000ft of elevation. Heavy Winter. Lots of offroad climbing (and descending) in treacherous mountain passes...
  8. hdas

What is a good deal these days, is this one?

I'm in the process of buying a truck. I haven't bought a new car in over 20 years. Last car I bought was a certified used Toyota, with 2 years of use, and I didn't sweat it. I'm in the market for a RAM 3500 Big Horn 4x4 6'4" Box. This is a deal that popped out: So we are talking about a...