Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Exhaust system service required

My DPF gauge has shown 1/8 for "a while". I didn't check, but suspect I'm at, or close to, the 24 hour mark. No CEL. My question is: Will going on a highway run clear this? I really don't want to mess with the dealer any more than I have to.
  2. W

Lost access to Waze

Yesterday I got in the truck and connected my iPhone via USB as normal. I selected Apple Car Play from the menu at the bottom of the 12" screen and selected Waze from the Car Play display. Drove up to Michigan and everything worked fine. Conducted my business and got ready to leave. Waze was...
  3. W

Ram Connect subscription expires today

I don't think I've seen any real benefit during the trial period and am thinking it's a service I'd just as soon not pay for. Out of curiosity, how many here have kept the service or plan to keep it after their trial period ends?
  4. W

Anybody know what these holes are for?

Started installing bed lights today and noticed these holes in the pillar. There's an identical set on the other side, so I'm guessing they might be for mounting one of those bed extender things that flip out when the tailgate is down and flip in to create a cargo area when the tailgate is up...
  5. W

Random question about Hemi vs. CTD

I was doing some reading and came across a statement that the shorter block of the inline six diesel engine allowed for a shorter nose. This made me wonder - does a Hemi V8 equipped truck have a longer nose than it's CTD counterpart?
  6. W

Navigating in your Ram

I've tried Waze, Apple maps and TomTom. I think each of the three has it's own drawbacks and none seem to really outshine the others. This version of TomTom is markedly better than the "suction cup to your windshield" device I used ten years ago but I need to spend more time with it before I can...
  7. W

Dash cam settings

I’ve installed a BlackVue 770X but am concerned over parking mode cutoff. I do not want to come Out to a truck that won’t start but I do want to maximize coverage. What cutoff voltage do you guys have your cameras set at?
  8. W

Air bag valve placement?

So, I've got the bags themselves installed and looking good. I'm ready to run the air lines to the rear bumper but thought I'd draw on the pool of experience here first. So those that have installed the Schrader valves on the bumper, where did you put them? I've considered replacing the license...
  9. W

Overhead console lights question

On my overhead console there are a couple of pieces that look like they may be lights, but I can't figure out how to turn them on. If they aren't lights then they're just non-functional trim pieces, but it's going to bug me until I find out one way or the other for certain. What say you?
  10. W

In bed tool box while towing fifth wheel

It's a long shot, but I'm hoping somebody has already been down this path and can save me a bit of work. I've got my tool box left over from my F350 long bed and I'm wondering if I can use it with this short bed. I've got a slider hitch, but not really sure that's enough. The tool box is about...
  11. W

Overhead console removal in 2023

Hello, I have watched several YouTube videos on dashcam installation. In one instance they removed the overhead console and tapped into wires to supply power to the dashcam. It looked easy enough and I followed the steps to remove mine. I pulled the two 8mm bolts from inside the sunglasses...
  12. W

OEM rear bed step

I’d like to confirm that 82215842AH is the correct part number to fit my ‘23 2500. Also, I’ve noticed that number returns bed steps for 1500s at a significantly lower price. I assume that would fit as well, correct? edit: moparpartsonline.com indicates this is the correct OEM part number so...
  13. W

Which oil filter plug tool do you use?

I didn't realize there'd be such a plethora of choices. Some plastic, some aluminum, some cheap, some not quite so cheap. I would think the plastic type would seal better than the aluminum ones (I didn't see any with gaskets or o-rings). So looking for some guidance/suggestions on what works...
  14. W

Checking in from West Virginia

Old ride: New ride: Yesterday I traded in my 2017 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Dual Rear Wheel 6.7L for a 2023 2500 HD Laramie Sport Mega Cab 6.7L I6. Running boards will be installed in a week and I'm currently shopping for a new 5th wheel hitch, but otherwise won't be performing any...