Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. P

3500 Dually with 6.4L? HEAVY truck camper question.

Any particular model or brand that you are looking at? I've only heard of great things from owners with a Cirrus and Alde heating system.
  2. P

Yeah, lol. Some of these things are massive and not sure if the extra 'space' is worth it. 3 slide campers are now a thing.
  3. P

This sounds awesome! Appreciate the input. A lighter option for a gasser is the Nucamp cirrus. It has the Alde heating which is something others don't do. Many options out there now but prices are getting crazy.
  4. P

We definitely are still considering this, especially since they are cheaper with more space. Since we will be winter camping, near ski resorts, I wanted a camper/van without the need to tow in bad weather. We are throwing around the idea of finding campgrounds open year round, parking a TT...
  5. P

All this info is awesome and as we are still trying to figure out what we want to do, will then determine the size of truck. For example, if constantly winter camping, maybe a no slide option is better. If a washer and dryer is a must, then a heavy Host camper will be in the cards. I am the...
  6. P

Right now looking at a Host Yukon. About 4,000 dry!
  7. P

Thanks for the input. What I am seeing, with looking at VINs on the Ram site, a 3500 DRW, Limited, Diesel only has a payload of low 5,000's. I would definitely be close to going over weight since some of these larger campers are 3800-4000 dry. The hemi 3500 has a payload near 6000 although I...
  8. P

We would want to unload the camper when at a rv park and use the truck to get around. We thought about a Class C, but then would need to tow a vehicle. Don't want that hassle during winter and in the mountains,
  9. P

Please enlighten me. My wife and I are narrowing down our retirement, RV travel search. We have become very interested in a truck camper due to the fact it's actually bigger than ' 4x4 AWD vans' and we would have Rams 4wd for winter use. Not to mention we can take the camper off and use the...
  10. P

More Semiconductor Shortages Forces Ram To Revise Some Packages For Heavy Duty Trucks!

Sorry, meant to say Ram is not adding it for 2023. I was hoping it would be available this coming year.
  11. P

More Semiconductor Shortages Forces Ram To Revise Some Packages For Heavy Duty Trucks!

Fyi, At this time, you can not get Active Driving Assist on any 2023 HD Ram.
  12. P

Talk Me Out Of Buying a 2500 vs 1500

One other question.... how much does a rear locker help vs ELSD in snow? More specifically driving steep hills, switchbacks on snow covered roads. From research, and what I found on our forums, I would lock the rear ahead of time as I start to climb the steepest parts of my trip. For those who...
  13. P

Really great info folks! Appreciate all the input. I do have a volume dealer here (Koons Tysons Corner) and I am thinking you guys are correct in building what I want.
  14. P

I hear ya....I was thinking of posting the same thread on the 1500 forum too...lol
  15. P

I don't want to start a major debate here but when pricing out the following models, here is what I am getting: 1. 1500 Laramie, 6'4" box, V8 E-torque, 33 g fuel tank, air suspension (have this on my Grand Cherokee and love it), Night Edition, fully loaded = around $72,000 2. 1500 Limited...
  16. P

Xpel PPF and Rock chips - Dissapointed!

My wife and I travel to a ski resort often. Gravel is used as well instead of salt. I have Xpel on the front end of my Grand Cherokee. and when comparing my vehicle to my wife's, it's truly a night and day difference. There are some rocks that have come through the Xpel, however, most did...
  17. P

2500 HD w/ Anti Spin Diff vs Power Wagon in Snow

Can someone with first hand experience help me out? I live half the time in the mountains of WV (Snowshoe to be exact) and during winter, will be driving often with snow covered roads. Sometimes, as I get closer to my home, these roads are not plowed yet and will need to traverse steep...
  18. P

Looking for snow plow recommendations

Awesome! Any issue with the weight of the plow since it's a PW? Any modifications needed?
  19. P

Premium Fuel Needed for 2020?

I thought mid grade was recommended for the 6.4L in the HD. I know there was always a debate between owners on whether or not Premium would help with MPG but according to the RAM site, https://www.ramtrucks.com/2020/ram-2500/specs.html , it recommends Premium on the 2020. I am one of those...
  20. P

Looking for snow plow recommendations

Thanks for your reply. Totally understand the issue with the PW and GAWR but what do you mean about the sway bar and plow? Are you saying that the weight of the plow plus a disconnected sway bar could do damage?