Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Just found out today, first oil/filter change in my '19 3500 Std. Its added to the list for whatever the TSB/replacement action is now. Knock on wood no issues to mention on mine so far... other than the dealership whacking the antenna and one of the clearance lights by running it through a...
  2. H

I actually like my truck.

Lol. I really like mine too. Hate that I need the mud flaps/guards but... necessary for the horse stuff and to keep the steps from clogging up. Also next truck will NOT be black. Every car bargain I find is in a dark color apparently. Pollen season was rough this year.
  3. H

Fox shocks....

What about the King 2.0 options? I don't recall which shock (Fox/King) has the outside oxidation issues. I'm going to do a small lift on the front of my 3500, Kings and probably a track bar although it isn't likely needed. I'm going for better ride quality on mine and tow occasionally so...
  4. H

Splash/mud guards - are the Weathertechs the smallest that are made to fit?

I just bought a set of the Mopar fitted ones... rears are on galactic backorder but the fronts will be here by the weekend. Will post up pics.
  5. H

Splash/mud guards - are the Weathertechs the smallest that are made to fit?

I've ready pretty much every thread here and seems like these are the smallest of the form-fitting options. I just want a small, almost hidden splash guard to keep sand/mud from getting splashed up into my PowerSteps, thats all. No large ones needed. Are there any others that I should look at...
  6. H

Amp Research power step 2019 Ram 3500

Very nice. I'm glad you didn't run into issues as a few of us 4.5Gen owners did.
  7. H

I have the Ram specific PN for the cable and it does not snap into the existing OEM mount. The OBD sockets are different from the FCA mounting in my '19 3500. Just FYI. I may eventually install this... sitting on the workbench for now.
  8. H

I'm guessing the OBD connection is easier to use than wiring into the Ram power junction? I'd much rather wire in the old way vs take up the OBD port. Also I bought the OBD 2-jumper cable but it doesn't fit/replace the stock OEM one. It looks to be a generic plug vs something that can snap into...
  9. H

Yes to the right angle drill if you want to install the rivets (don't do this until you determine if they clear the pinch welds). The 4.5Gen metal is harder than the other Rams I've installed on too so you'll need a good bit as well if you choose to install rivets/lights. Everything else is...
  10. H

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

I'm in for the group buy if they confirm the 8.4" unit is compatible for the "cameras on" functions.
  11. H

Tailgate Step

This is the little trim piece on the bottom of the bumper, holds the backup sonar/sensors. I'm betting they are the same... will confirm when I can get my parts guy to crawl the fiche.
  12. H

Tailgate Step

Here's mine. AE mounted on my '19 3500. I ordered the AD version March 24th right when it was withdrawn for the bracket/stabilizer issue. The AD was labelled 2500/3500 fitment... I'll chase the plastic bumper part to see if there's some (unknown to me) difference between the 2500 and 3500...
  13. H

Tailgate Step

Who told you there was a specific 3500 PN? There is one PN series for 2019-2020 2500/3500 SRW trucks, the "E" revision that was just released.
  14. H

Tailgate Step

Mine did this. I took a dremmel and a small cutting wheel to the plastic trim piece for clearance. If you cut 1/4” x 3” length across the bottom where the step is retracted it clears fine, also can’t see the small notch I removed either.
  15. H

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

I have the 8.4" screen with surround camera option, not crazy about the larger 12" setup. Let me know if you need anything for help, testing, etc. Very familiar with Lockpicks and other 8.4" swaps for other Mopars. I'd be in for the group buy at $300 if they can confirm 8.4" compatibility... I...
  16. H

Trans shifting question - '19 SO 4x4 with 68 trans - 3rd gear

Thanks for the feedback. I think my '08 2500 HD had the same trans... I just don't recall much about it though. I do remember the 35" tires upsetting the shifting but that truck was more of a weekend toy vs the '19 I have now which is for horse/towing use. No real complaints just trying to...
  17. H

Cameras on all the time...

Ditto. There should be an option for this with a trailer connected.
  18. H

Exhaust tips?

Thanks for the pic and feedback.
  19. H

Exhaust tips?

Thanks for that. You don't have a side profile pic you can post/send do you? I saw that was a " 35" " tall but without the width of the "traditional" 35" spec tires. My last '08 chewed up the wider K02s but I didn't worry as much since it was more of a play truck vs something I needed to depend...
  20. H

Exhaust tips?

What size K02 is that if you don't mind sharing? I'm looking at +0 options for the 20" now... don't really want to get to 35"s since it may screw up my tow height. TIA.