Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. G

Deleted Y78 recall HPFP

Just had the Y78 done this week and they flashed the computer. I've been sitting on some new parts for quite some time waiting to get the new pump. That was my question as well, do I need new tunes should I decide to do the deed? Sounds like I will. Unfortunately, it appears the tuner is no...
  2. G

Need help about frequent regens

That's a short commute but it seems your average speed is pretty high for that, so it appears it's more highway, not stop and go. Short trips, stop and go, etc. may make it regen more often. I have no idea when my truck regens or how often (can't tell, unlike my PowerStroke when I could feel...
  3. G

Exhaust brake.

It's a "turbo brake", uses the vanes in the turbo to create backpressure. How much braking force seems to depend on a number of things, RPM, gear, tow/haul mode. You can always lock out a higher gear and have it downshift sooner to get a higher RPM, more engine braking, and more exhaust...
  4. G

Cool down after towing.

I let it idle a minute (no, I don't actually time it so it's probably less) every time I shut the truck down. My wife is usually standing outside the truck waiting to go wherever we are going, "It's fine, it cooled down, let's go!". If I'm towing, it always gets to idle at least a few minutes...
  5. G

Ft/Lbs for Lugnuts on a 2020 Ram Factory Wheel?

Says they are going to update the owner's and service manuals, so should get something in the mail. But yeah, they could just put the info out now.
  6. G

Ft/Lbs for Lugnuts on a 2020 Ram Factory Wheel?

FCA Recall # Y26 Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk Torque specification information included in vehicle Service and Owner's Manuals may cause flanged lug nuts to be torqued to a level that may cause the wheel stud to yield and eventually break during vehicle operation. A...
  7. G

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

Smooth as silk! Love it! Throaty growl is still good!
  8. G

Just got back a bit ago from having TSB 18-059-20 completed. VB6 was already done before I bought my truck so I can't compare it to that. Just my initial impressions on the 8 mile drive I made afterwards. If you have not had this TSB done, do it! The engine is much smoother, throttle...
  9. G

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Next to impossible. New dealership he says. Maybe someone there doesn't know diesel trucks take diesel fuel.
  10. G

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Awesome, thank you. Interesting to see what they come up with. I'm sure it won't be a CP3 replacement like we all want. After having 15 Ford vehicles, this is my first non-Ford and I'm hoping I didn't make a huge $81,000 mistake. I'm loving the truck so I want it to work out.
  11. G

Not yet. It doesn't really bother me much, but there is room for improvement. Local dealer (not purchasing dealer) is great and very helpful. So I'll probably talk to them. Additionally, the amount of DEF this thing uses is stupid crazy. Still, overall, I'm happy with the truck.
  12. G

VB6 was done before I bought my truck. Thought I may have noticed surging once or twice, but it was so subtle and brief, I figured it was in my head from reading this thread. Now that we have cooler temperatures I've noticed the surging. Below 50 degrees, low RPM, slight grade, it is...
  13. G

VB6 was done before I purchased the truck. I never noticed any surging or other issues. I just noticed the surging twice this past week. It is subtle, but it is there. Interesting because I had the TCM updated on Friday.
  14. G

DEF Mileages?

Yeah, it uses a lot of DEF, so I guess you could say it's normal for a '19/'20 Cummins.
  15. G

I did notice this truck is using a lot of DEF. Gauge is almost down to 3/4 with less than 1000 miles on it. That's crazy. I did most of the purchase process online and the dealer I bought it from was 3 hours away in another state. I didn't notice the bed step was missing until the next day...