Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. P

People suck

Park further from stores or offices and walk.
  2. P

What are you listening to today?

'The Road to Las Cruces" Margo Cilker covering Ian Tyson. "Nevada is King" by Mike Beck. Western music for adults. No skulls, no dragons no yelling.
  3. P

Price negotiated from MSRP

The market is back to normal.
  4. P

Need more towing capacity

Consider a used diesel. Then you can pull anything you want and get much better mileage and longevity.
  5. P

Rubbing / Grinding sensation in the driveline....

Change the lubricants in your front and rear diffs. Check the U joints.
  6. P

The Other Vehicle

A Jeep is too much like a pickup. We have one in the family, my wife's. It is an uncool Patriot, but the running gear is great in the snow. I was out breaking trail today with it after a big snowfall.
  7. P

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

Because now you can buy a V-6 Mustang with 360 hp. Formula One cars have 4 cylinders. Displacement is a dated way to produce power.
  8. P

Hunting thread

Anyone can hunt on public land. All you need is a license.
  9. P

Retirement

The rules are pretty loose when there is no one around.
  10. P

Music like the one above can really get to women. Ask me how I know that is true.
  11. P

Show Me Your Lights

I really like the factory lights on the roof and the stock headlights. From the front the Ram looks like a semi tractor.
  12. P

Push to Start question on Diesel

I notice on cold days, there is a few seconds of pre-heat and the engine starts on its own. On really cold days the pre-heat takes longer, and the engine requires pushing the brake pedal and hitting the start button to ignite.
  13. P

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

the main thing is to be careful where you park them. I went on a drift boat trip recently to No California. I left the Ram at home and took an old Jeep to leave parked by the highway with out of state plates for several day.
  14. P

Wow. I am old now at 73. Most of this music sounds like crap to me. Yesterday driving across the Valley looking at the snow inthe mountains the Dead cover of "Knockinn on Heaven's Door" was perfect.
  15. P

Reno Hot August Nights.

I love Hot August Nights. One great looking truck but most them drive like old trucks. Some of the resto mods are modern underneath and drive fine, but I don't want to invest the money it takes to get there. Modern Ram diesel is a like a rocket ship compared to every other vehicle I have owned...
  16. P

Ahhh the struggle...

In the West we get the square jugs with a vent and a spout. Totally simple to use.
  17. P

Your four-legged friends

Horses and especially mules are really honest. More honest than dogs even. They can change your life. I teach kids to ride horses and half the time they are teaching me.
  18. P

Overland Route - Texas Hill Country

Looks like a good time. Please explain how you get permission to travel on all of that private land. Texas has little public land. In the West we take public land for granted. Nevada is 87% public land so we go everywhere.
  19. P

Level kit?

Maybe someone can help me understand why you want to spend all of that money to have less power?
  20. P

Extended warranty is it worth it?

Docwagon makes some good points. Insurance is a form of gambling. The odds are all in the favor of the insurance companies.