Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. mitchblankenship42

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

Please keep us posted. Thanks
  2. mitchblankenship42

Thank you guys for sharing all that knowledge you have. Has Ram commented on what appears to be a manufacturing defect.
  3. mitchblankenship42

Yep that was him. So much information to filter. Thanks
  4. mitchblankenship42

Saw one guy on utube comparing the oil passage diameter of the lifter hyd unit to a power stroke. It was about half the diameter. He seemed to be thinking it's a feed issue and that's also the reason they may have moved to the 5w 40. This would seem to support your theory though.
  5. mitchblankenship42

Didn't GM go through a class action law suit about some lifter issues?
  6. mitchblankenship42

Lol I was thinking about some of Hot Shots oil additive products.
  7. mitchblankenship42

Do you guys think a friction modifier additive would make any difference?
  8. mitchblankenship42

2022 2500 Cummins black night edition

2022 2500 Cummins black night edition
  9. mitchblankenship42

Service DEF message went away, does it have to go in?

I looked at a few of the threads and became overwhelmed with scanner information. Any newer suggestions out there for a 2022 2500 Cummins for reading and clearing?
  10. mitchblankenship42

FCA reimbursed me for half the car rental. Better than nothing ---I guess.
  11. mitchblankenship42

I thought that note was applicable to only the displayed warning "5mph Max Speed on Restart, Long Idle, or Refuel. Service DEF See Dealer". I'll study it in more detail. Thanks for pointing that out.
  12. mitchblankenship42

Thanks flan appreciate the advice.
  13. mitchblankenship42

Service def see dealer cam up intermittently 3 time then a warning about derating at 5mph in 150 miles. The derate message would flash on every 25 miles and go off. We were 260 miles from home. Called dealers within 100 miles of where we were. This was on a Friday afternoon and no dealer could...
  14. mitchblankenship42

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

Do you guys think some of the different def consumptions and /or regens are due to the reprogramming?
  15. mitchblankenship42

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

I have been told by some that the missing sensor measures soot levels passing thru the DPF like if ithe filter was damaged or has a hole in it??? Something Calif wanted who wants to ban diesels altogether. What do you guys think? Thanks
  16. mitchblankenship42

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

I had to call the dealer parts department to see if they had the part in. After months of calling I finally got my name on one and scheduled the recall. There was no list.