Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Bumper pulling 12k lbs with a 2500?

People seem to really talk down the 2500 CTD combo, but this is exactly the scenario it will excel at and still have a great ride unloaded for the rest of the week!
  2. M

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

Must be a regional issue. I walked into the local Menards store and they had at least 15 gal jugs for $24. Took 3 off their inventory myself.
  3. M

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Been a GM truck owner my whole life, this is my first RAM (2019). Love the truck. Because of this recall it won't be my last. Thank you RAM for doing the right thing. I honestly had zero expectation it would be anything other than an extended warranty.
  4. M

Why did you buy a 2500

The best thing about being an American, is we are free to choose whatever we want - that's why! But also I like the daily driver ride of a 2500 and the exhaust brake for pulling a 10K trailer. If I was pulling a 5th wheel it would be 3500 all the way. 2500's are awesome if you have a large...
  5. M

Is the 12.0" vertical screen just a gimmick?

I really like the 12" screen. Pretty much everyone has touched on what I would change to improve it. Hard buttons for the heated seats and steering wheel like the 8.4, and full screen camera.
  6. M

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

WOW. That is beautiful! Thanks for posting......
  7. M

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

Anyone have a blue one yet? Would love to see pics, when you build it on the RAM configurator it’s all jacked up.
  8. M

Warped front bumper?

I don’t understand how this is acceptable on any vehicle, let alone a $70k+ one. This wouldn’t be ok on a Civic. Here is my 2019 with no wrinkles. This is a stamping issue plain and simple and should be replaced. Where is RAM Cares to escalate this?
  9. M

Warped front bumper?

Pretty sure that part is steel. I haven't taken a magnet to it, but I would say that's a stamping QC issue for the dealer.
  10. M

Mopar hard tonneau cover for 2019 ram 2500hd

The missing hardware could be a problem. I can't remember if the hardware for the rails is with the rails or the cover, but I was thinking the rails. It just comes with 4 small clips and bolts that you cut the plastic stake pocket cover out and then it uses a special clip that attaches under...
  11. M

Mopar hard tonneau cover for 2019 ram 2500hd

I have one on my 2019. They are made by a company out of Michigan called Fold-A-Cover, which was an OEM supplier for both RAM and GM. Unfortunately they went under last year during the COVID shutdown. I had one on my last truck that was over 15 years old and still worked like a champ and...
  12. M

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Former Duramax owner here and this is my first RAM (2019). I love the truck. I purchased it over a Ford (couldn't take the looks of the GM products) solely based on the reliability of the Cummins. I am thrilled to see a possible fix for this, and so far have been impressed that they have come...
  13. M

HD Towing

Seems like the 2500 Diesel's always get a bad rap, but they are great for some applications. If you want a good daily driver ride, and pull a heavy boat or enclosed car trailer they are just the ticket. I think the moral of the story is every tool has a purpose, just choose the right tool for...
  14. M

2500 vs. 3500 Frame Brakes Suspension - Towing and Payload related

I can only comment on the 2500, but my Laramie Crew Cab CTD with the tires at 60psi rides like a dream compared to my old Duramax. Even with the tires at 80psi when it came from the dealer it rode pretty great! The new trucks are night and day difference over anything a few years old.
  15. M

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

For that price I would go for it. That's very reasonable!
  16. M

All weather floor mats

I have the factory liners. I think they are really nice and look great. The only issue that I have with them is as mentioned above, the drivers side one does not cover the place where you need it to, to the side and behind the accelerator pedal. Because of that I would likely get Weather...
  17. M

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

It's an expensive proposition for sure! We probably need to know a little more on how you use your truck. Do you run it into the ground till it's dead, do you trade every 3-5 years, etc.? It sounds like your truck gets taken care of, but used as a truck. It may not be value added to go to...
  18. M

Safety Package worth it?

It’s worth it for the adaptive cruise control alone. Love that feature!
  19. M

New to Ram, 2020 2500 Limited Black Edition

Beautiful truck!! Kind of a stupid request, but could you take a close up of the door handles? I'm curious if the black edition limited has different door handles than a laramie with the blackout package. Thanks!!
  20. M

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Mine is a 10/19 build, Laramie with the 12" screen. Air conditioning is not acceptable, temp has to be set on LO, run on max and high fan speed to keep from sweating. I was planning on having it looked at when the bed step recall parts come in so just waiting and sweating it out for now...