Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

Excited Future Ram HD Owner; Custom Order Wait Time Question?

I custom ordered my 3500 in October of 2022, and took delivery of it in August of '23. I ordered it in a low volume color, which is the main reason it took so long to reach production stage. I think you'll be quite happy, I've already exceeded 40,000 trouble free miles with mine.
  2. B

2024 Ram 2500 Cummins Auxiliary fuel tank

I went with a transfer tank with a 20 gallon per minute pump, but my reasoning was that I can also fill my forklift of friend's truck if they are getting low.
  3. B

Back in a Ram

Congrats on your purchase!!
  4. B

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

It's mainly for business, I have a vintage car wrecking yard, and I haul cars I have sold to other parts of the country, which allows me to pick up new inventory as well. I have a variety of trailers, but generally use the Kauffman 35 foot gooseneck, as it will handle two '50's cars as well as...
  5. B

Since picking up my 3500 in mid-August, I've clocked just over 30,000 miles, most of them towing. Other that the first oil change at 5K, I generally will go 7500-9000 intervals. The truck is a dream to tow with, and has been 100 percent trouble free.
  6. B

Across the USA in my new Ram

Just did a 7500 mile hauling trip, I've had my new 2023 Ram 3500 Bighorn a little over a month. Drove through 17 states hauling and picking up vintage cars and parts. The Ram was Flawless!
  7. B

Thanks! I have an unusual occupation, and provide parts and restorable cars to classic american car owners for restoration. Currently, I'm restoring a '59 DeSoto(Mopar) convertible, and a portion of that car will be a similar color to the light green. I offer transport of cars and parts to my...
  8. B

What did you do TO your RAM today?

After picking up my 3500 BigHorn from the dealer in Phoenix, drove just under 400 miles for its first fill up. Drove to Ventura to assist my niece with a vintage Bronco, then headed north towards home. Clocked just over 900 miles, and the mileage and power (HO Cummins) kept improving. Flawless...
  9. B

I flew down to Phoenix Thursday AM and was picked up at the airport by the salesman from Bill Luke Chrysler. Had them install a set of mudflaps and rubber mats, finalized the paperwork, and hopped in my truck for the trip northwest. Everything went fantastic! Just love this thing!
  10. B

insurance in california

I just purchased a 2023 Bighorn dually diesel 4X4, we have insurance through AAA, and hadn't any trouble adding it to our current policy. I wonder if your insurance company is assuming it's being used for commercial purposes?
  11. B

Got the call that my truck is ready, so I'll be flying down to Phoenix end of next week to pick it up.
  12. B

Hot

Thermostat. If it was working correctly, the entire cooling system would be hot.
  13. B

Thanks! I guess I'll be getting a call from the dealer soon.
  14. B

The spreadsheet shows green today as well.
  15. B

It's being delivered to Bill Luke Chrysler in Phoenix.
  16. B

My estimated delivery date just went from August 3rd, to July 27th, then immediately to TBD.
  17. B

This may be the last long haul for my 2003 2500, since the new 3500 should be delivered soon. The 2003 still runs and works perfect, so it'll be used for more local runs. 1500 miles from home in Montana.
  18. B

I was notified that mine shipped, exactly ten months to the day the order was placed. Final destination will be Phoenix, but I'm guessing there is a collection yard where it will be dropped off, then trucked to the dealer.
  19. B

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! Hopefully the wait for a train won't be crazy. 10 months since the order was placed.
  20. B

The tracking site just updated my expected delivery date to August 3rd from July 27, but the truck is still in Mexico, waiting on a train, I presume, so don't see how their projected date is possible.