Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Zrojas

3500 for 10k gooseneck

I would go with a 3500 SRW personally. My loaded Laramie CC long bed, HO/Aisin 3500 SRW with 3.73 gears payload capacity is 3947lbs. Max towing is 26000lbs , just for reference. Do you have to? Probably not, but you'll have more flexibility in the end. That's why I would choose it. Sent from...
  2. Zrojas

Does the Ram HD's come with the 2 1/2 inch to 2 inch hitch adapter?

My 2016 and 2019 both did. They were under the backseat both times for me. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  3. Zrojas

delete

I've installed them on tractors and just used the 3M white heavy duty velcro on the side of the battery box. We have those felt battery covers so that won't work, but I'd still just find a flat spot to velcro it on somewhere. Use that accessory stud in your photo for the feed. I'll take a look...
  4. Zrojas

weight of my truck?

My 3500 Laramie with HO/Aisin long bed SRW weighs 8380lbs. 12300lb GVWR and 3947lb payload. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  5. Zrojas

Trailer Guidance ( side cameras )

I agree it's confusing. On my Laramie, trailer reverse guidance was part of the trailer towing technology group. It is literally just a different view with surround view and directly related to towing, so I don't know it would not be included with trailer technology. If I was OP, I would try...
  6. Zrojas

It looks like for the limited, in order to get trailer reverse guidance you needed the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  7. Zrojas

The cameras that are in the mirrors are for 360 view and the trailer guidance. The trailer guidance is just another camera view option when you are on the surround view page. So, I would assume that you should be able to add the option code with AlfaOBD or Tazer. Do you have the cargo camera...
  8. Zrojas

AC Discovery - Is this normal?

The TSB to fix the A/C is for all trucks built on or before July 30, 2020. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  9. Zrojas

Cab Over Lights

If you go with aftermarket or OEM lights, I would have a very reputable body shop install them. Hopefully you can avoid leaks that way. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  10. Zrojas

Excessive Engine Fan Roar when AC is on

You're hoping that is not normal that the fan clutch kicks in to bring air through the A/C condenser when you turn on the A/C? Do you know the basic refrigeration cycle and how heat exchangers work? Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  11. Zrojas

Headache Rack 2021 2500 anyone?

They built a bolted in part to protect the slider too. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  12. Zrojas

Headache Rack 2021 2500 anyone?

I just drew one up for my 19 3500 and had a local shop make it. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  13. Zrojas

Handgun mount to drivers seat

Why would you ever leave a gun in the truck? It should always be on your person. Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
  14. Zrojas

Android Auto and Data Usage

You can see how much data any app on your phone has used on Android. Just look at it before you go on a trip, then after. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  15. Zrojas

Payload issue on RAM 2500 Laramie Diesel - worth it?

The base prices and prices of similarly optioned 2500 and 3500s are only like 2k difference. If you get the HO Cummins in the 3500, then that does add a significant amount. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  16. Zrojas

Banks pedal monster question

I guess it would be nice if you could interact with the app in Android auto, but you can't make adjustments while the vehicle is in motion anyway, so I'm not sure how much value it would be. I played with different settings for a while and then I pretty much haven't changed it since I found the...
  17. Zrojas

Banks Pedal Monster

I have it and it is pretty awesome. It makes a huge difference and I like the safety aspects of it compared to the pedal commander. For what it's worth, I removed mine to have the A/C TSB performed on my 2019 3500 HO. I removed everything from the front of the cab since they had to pull the...
  18. Zrojas

Dennis Dillion...

I've bought multiple trucks from them and never had any issues. The 10k limit is a Chrysler Capital thing, but it did not make any difference to the price when I told them I wanted to put more down. I just couldn't use Chrysler Capital. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  19. Zrojas

New Truck Build 3500 Mega Cab - Air Leveling Suspension SRW (HO Cummins with 3.75 ratio)

There's not an alert or alarm to tell you how much weight you have in the truck of that's what you mean. If you exceed payload by a certain amount a code is set, but nothing you can see. It's for the dealer so they know if you overloaded the truck. They would probably only look if you were...
  20. Zrojas

3500 HO 12"AAM Capacity

I see that the 2020 and 2021 Ram Owners manuals specify a different gear oil than the 2019. I got this screenshot from the online version of the factory service manual.