Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 22BlackBigHorn

Trade Chrome for Black Bumpers/Grill?

Thinking of getting rid of some of the chrome on the truck. I've painted a few chrome bumpers in my day, media blasted, etching primer, sealer.. all that and I think I've had better luck with the non-chrome stuff. Figured, maybe someone with the black tradesman grill, and bumpers might want...
  2. 22BlackBigHorn

2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn Non Alpine / Not Amplified / Basic Stereo Upgrade

Well, I got a somewhat good bonus and figured, I need to upgrade my stereo in the truck. I find myself sometimes at FULL volume and it doesn't seem loud enough! :) I like my music clean and loud when I want to feel it. I purchased the following: AP4-CH41 (R.2) with the expansion harness...
  3. 22BlackBigHorn

Click at Start - but will NOT start

This last 2 or 3 days, not every time, but seemed like it was when it was cold out - but did it to me today. Said "wait to start" and let my foot off the brake pedal. The truck waited - counted down and then clicked. I turned of the truck and did it again, it again said wait to start, this time...
  4. 22BlackBigHorn

2022 Synthetic Oil 10W-30

I have a '22 6.7 and it's almost due for an oil change. I am having a hard time finding syntenic oil for this truck in the 10W/30 flavor. What are you guys using? I searched but I can only find the 5W/40. Or should I just use conventional oil?
  5. 22BlackBigHorn

Clicking Noise After Shutting Engine Off?

What is that clicking noise after I turn the engine off? I have had a 2014 CTD and I don't recall hearing that noise. Sounds like something is clocking back and forth a few times after shut down.
  6. 22BlackBigHorn

Cool Photo That Was Just Shared

Tempe Historical Museum in Arizona just posted this picture on Facebook. This is right on Mill Ave. near Arizona State University. Still standing today. Built in 1874! But look at the trucks! :)
  7. 22BlackBigHorn

Adding 5 Channel AMP and door speakers and a pair of subs

I have a 2022 Big Horn 2500. I see stuff all over for the 5th Gen 1500s but not much in the 2500 "4.5 Gen" - I did have all this in my 2017 2500 no problem. So, with my BASIC 6 speaker system. I think all I need to do is disable or de-pin the ANC 4 wires which appear to be under the dash by...
  8. 22BlackBigHorn

Under Tailgate DOT light ??

Has anyone added the 3500 DOT light under the tailgate? I see there are holes there for the mounting of it. Would this just plug in on a 2500? Harness there...
  9. 22BlackBigHorn

Third Brake Light Flasher

Has anyone used a third brake light flasher on their trucks successfully? I wanted to get the bulb that flashes the third brake light three times when you hit the brake. It's a little 'attention getter' and everyone I've used in the past gives me a 'light out message'. I even tried to add a...
  10. 22BlackBigHorn

Adding Remote Tailgate

I tried to search. I found the tailgate damping shock and ordered that and put that in today. So weird that my Big Horn didn't come with that. Actually, should be standard now for ALL truck trims.. .but oh well. Now, I wanted to see if I don't have the remote start or the remote tailgate...
  11. 22BlackBigHorn

2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn - Speakers make noise when opening doors

2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn - Speakers make noise when opening doors - like a low thud, and it happens when I open any door. Is this considered 'normal' ?
  12. 22BlackBigHorn

Adding LEDs to Bed

Hello, I have a 2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn, but it does not have the LEDs in the bed. I was thinking of either purchasing these or running some other LEDs under the rails. My question is, is there a harness or plug I can tap into for the power for it back there for the cargo light?
  13. 22BlackBigHorn

Adding Fog Lights?

I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn. It's pretty much as basic as you can get Big Horn. I kind of got lucky with the market the way it was, came in as I was at the dealer and no one had a deposit on it. Any who :) I'm new to this forum, but not new to RAM. Love these trucks. Just traded my Power...