Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

light bar

20” fits perfect!
  2. S

RECALL WARNING. READ THIS ASAP!!!

This is interesting. I spoke to a good friend who is a lead diesel tech at a dealer and the recall seems pretty straight forward. It’s a simple ball and plate replacement in the valve body. Larger diameter ball and hole in one of the paths on the plate to increase flow. seems unlikely to be...
  3. S

Cleaning up some chrome on a limited

Update: hood badges and tailgate emblem color matched. Side molding and Cummins badges removed.
  4. S

Yes you should pull the grill if you don’t want to break them. Clips and compression clips holding them in
  5. S

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

Yes, I’ll have to measure overall height tomorrow.
  6. S

Prepped and painted the chrome parts. I waited forever for the primered part numbers and was really discouraged by the price. Found a local painter who knew what he was doing and saved a bunch by doing the removal and install myself. Also did the final polishing myself which helps cut cost.
  7. S

37x12.50 on 20x9 trail ready HD20’s. 12.50’s were a miscommunication, will he found 13.50 next set of tires.
  8. S

Stock, lifted, paint.
  9. S

In my opinion these trucks are very easy to assemble/disassemble. Most difficult part aside from splitting the headlights open was accessing the 10mm bolts holding down the antennas on the roof. I have a set of hood badges and tailgate emblem being painted as we speak so that will be the next...
  10. S

Thuren all day! 2.75”/1” King 3.0/2.5
  11. S

Since I had a good opportunity to park my truck for a few days I finally got around to tackling the paint work and headlights on my limited. I’ve nodded my fair share of headlights but these were by far the most difficult I’ve dealt with. Happy with how it is taking shape. I also threw in the...
  12. S

Possible ball joint issue....among other things?

If anyone is up to it I suggest checking your driver side kingpin. I found a completely dry kingpin on my driver side @9k miles. I've also worked for an OEM most of my career and these types of incidents are hardly isolated. It's far more likely that there are a batch of trucks running around...
  13. S

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

2.75" front coils/ 1" rear with king 3.0/2.5 front and rear. All options (steering stabilizer, sway bar, front and rear track bars)
  14. S

Well they were supposed to be beadlook... then when I picked them up they were real Bead locks and to everyone's surprise we threw the first one on to balance and it required zero ounces to balance. The other three only needed a few ounces so I was pretty happy. So far my only issue is how much...
  15. S

Trail ready HD20 20x9.5 5.5" back spacing with 37x12.50 torso RT's.
  16. S

Little update:
  17. S

2500HD diff

FYI I found that my 2019 Megacab 2500 has an 11.5(measured the ring gear myself) but the diff cover bolt pattern and diff itself have changed. It is far enough off that the banks cover I ordered didn't work and the diff itself is not a torsen style like I've seen in previous gen. My build sheet...
  18. S

Ordering Power deployable running boards

Honestly I would just order AMP steps after you take delivery. I had amps back on a 2006 Duramax that I liked better than the factory ram steps. Main reasons being that they are slow to deploy. 90% of the time I find myself stepping on them before they're all the way down which was never an...
  19. S

2019 Ram 2500 Thuren leveling kit

Looks awesome. The Thuren guys are great! I ordered the 2.75"/1" kit with king 3.0/2.5 for my mega cab. Can't wait to get it installed. How's the ride?
  20. S

Stealth Module

Sorry I thought you were referring to a new non biased review. The BOM cost is pretty irrelevant. Literally every thing you spend money on is marked up. With limited competition and high demand I don’t see the issue with them making money while they can. Do I think it’s the perfect...