Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Regens at alarming rate!

I wonder if the modified CP3 is the real problem. The original CP3 was a 1600 bar pump. The CP4 the modified CP3 replaced is a 2000+ bar pump. Maybe it can't handle the higher pressures that the CP4 produced long term. FWIW Ford uses the updated CP4 and GM switched to a Denso system back in 2019...
  2. J

Regens at alarming rate!

Some western states like where I live have a speed limit of 80mph and passive regen does happen with no load.
  3. J

Regens at alarming rate!

I'm in the same boat now. We sold our RV last summer so no longer needed a 2500 and just traded it for a 2023 Tahoe with the 3.0l diesel (wife found it and it's what she wanted). In my case the local RAM dealer played a role in this. On top of the regen issues they just kept finding excuses when...
  4. J

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

I can't find anything on Calibrated power being hit by the EPA but it wouldn't surprise me. What tuners call emission compliant it really just emissions equipment intact. If they were really emissions compliant they would seek CARB approval.
  5. J

Regens at alarming rate!

Cold air is more dense than warm air so you get better combustion. All of my diesel trucks over the years (no matter the make) have less regens in the winter than the summer.
  6. J

Both GM and Ford have bigger DEF tanks than Ram does so it may just take longer to get to a message on the dash but the actual amount used is the same as the other manufactures.
  7. J

Motortred had an article stating LML and newer were 100% GM designed and Isuzu involvement stopped in 2010 ( it was just financial after that).
  8. J

Isuzu doesn't have anything to do with the Duramax anymore. GM bought them out a couple of years ago.
  9. J

El Paso county has diesel emissions testing only (not gas stuff). We moved to Wyoming partly because of Colorados Governor/legislators and the traffic issues they don't seem to want to fix (like I25 between Monument and Castle Rock and C470). Lots of states are now starting to follow Californias...
  10. J

We had a 13 Jetta Sportwagon TDI with a manual trans when we moved to Colorado in 2014. It was the wifes but I drove it to work once and a while (when she would let me) and it was a blast to drive and got 45 to 50 mpg on the highway. We also made a killing turning it in to the Colorado Springs...
  11. J

Good question. It just hit today so maybe the recall hasn't been released to the public yet.
  12. J

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/cummins-take-about-204-bln-charge-fourth-quarter-2023-12-22/?ref=upstract.com The department said Cummins used defeat devices on 630,000 2013 to 2019 RAM 2500 and 3500 pickup truck engines and undisclosed auxiliary emission control devices...
  13. J

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

I ordered one back in Aug from the Ram national parts site. I got it 3 days later from a dealer in Montana. I have tried to get reimbursed 3 times for it and to have the recall cleared with no luck. Ram Cares (or doesn't care) is totally useless. They just told me I need to go to another dealer...
  14. J

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

GPF is likely coming to a gas powered car/truck soon. Already being used in Europe. If true then gas powered cars and trucks can look forward the same issues being caused by DPFs in diesels...
  15. J

It was an Obama executive order. I won't comment anymore about this in this thread.
  16. J

You have an outdated idea of CAFE. The EPA changed what is covered under CAFE under Obama. It's not just fuel economy now, it also includes things like carbon emissions and it applies to all vehicles for on road use. It was also suppose to apply fuel economy to to medium and heavy duty trucks...
  17. J

You are wrong. CAFE standards started affecting 2500/250 and above as of the 2014 model year and got worse in 2018 for the 2019 model year.
  18. J

It sure can't hurt to get colder air in. This would also allow the CAC to remove more heat from the air entering the engine (more dense air charge). I have never had regen issues in the winter even before removing the shutters. GM added the hood scoop for the Duramax to get colder air into the...
  19. J

The shutters are there to improve CAFE numbers (aerodynamics). They will open when needed to keep engine temp normal.
  20. J

Remove the plastic cover on top of the radiator so you can look down between the shutters and the radiator. Looking at the back of the shutters it pretty easy to see how they come out (the center part with the motor pops out). I removed 10 of them and didn't break any.