Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

LED Replacements for Halogen High Beams

I have the halogen lights on my Ram 2500 I don't want to swap to LEDs for low beams due replacement LED bulbs scattering light and are hard on other drivers. However, I was wondering if there is a replacement LED bulb for the high beams and if it would be worth the cost as it would not be a...
  2. D

Oracle Mirror Ditch Lights - Anyone Tried

Has anyone tried the Oracle mirror ditch lights? Wonder if they could be modified to work with power folding mirrors...
  3. D

Bighorn - Memory Seats?

Were memory seats ever an option on the Bighorn? I know the seat base is different between the power seats and the memory capable seats.
  4. D

Light Load Inflation Pressure Front/Rear

I am thinking about getting JScan and I download it and I’m looking at the demo. There is a Light Load Inflation Pressure for both front and rear tires. I wonder if this would allow one to have both a max GVW tire pressure setting and a lower tire pressure setting for empty driving?
  5. D

Sparkplugs??

I have just over 78K miles on my 6.4 and I I want to change the sparkplugs. What are good sparkplugs for the 6.4? Also, how long do the coils last?
  6. D

2019 and Up HD Factory LED Durablity

How durable are the gen 4.5 (2019 and up) HD factory LED? The reason I’m asking I saw some the other day with the drivers side headlight not working but the right side was working. Has anyone had one fail for non- impact reasons?
  7. D

Demco EZ-Latch Trailer Coupler

How well do Demco EZ-Latch trailer coupler work? We rented a Uhaul trailer for a day use and it had one and it seemed nice. https://a.co/d/9zAdd0S
  8. D

AEV Front Bumper - No Flairs

Do you have to have flairs if you install a AEV front bumper? Does anyone have a picture of the AEV front bumper without flairs?
  9. D

Idle Speed Control / PTO Speed

Can AlfaOBD or JScan enable the PTO Prep option sales code LBN or LBV enough to control the idle speed to say boost idle speed when jump starting a vehicle?
  10. D

Payload Question??

My 2020 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 of course has the 10,000 pound GVW and Ram says it has 2822 pounds of payload. 10,000 minus 2822 equals 7,178 pounds of empty truck weight. Yesterday I hauled 30 bags of corn on a pallet and the truck weighed 9080 pounds (fuel tank full). Today I weighed it...
  11. D

Ram HD Hood Badges???

Does anyone know how deep the hood area is behind the HD Ram hood badges? Does anyone have a picture that shows the area with the badge removed?
  12. D

Taillight Factory LED vs LED Bulbs Aftermarket??

I want to swap to LED taillights for safety reasons to increase the reaction time for drivers behind me. Would factory LED Taillights (higher $$) be better than aftermarket LED bulbs in my current housings?
  13. D

Thread on Power Sliding Rear Window Connector in Overhead Console

Last week I thought I saw a thread that showed the connector in the overhead console for the power sliding rear window, but now I I cannot find it. My 2020 Bighorn 2500 has a solid rear window with no defrost, but I do have heated mirrors. I would like to add the power sliding rear window with...
  14. D

Aftermarket Bumper Symbol ID

Does anyone know the company name that uses the symbol on the bumper in the attached picture?
  15. D

HD Radio - Song Name Not Displayed

Recently my 2020 Ram 2500 6.4 stopped displaying the song name / artists, but not on all stations. It’s a 8.4 non nav radio. Before you say it is a station issue my 2015 Lexus still displays the information on the stations in question every time. Is there a way to make sure the radio...
  16. D

What is this connector?

What is this connector that is under the passenger side rear seat back for?
  17. D

FM Radio Music Titles and Artist Not Displayed

My 8.4 non nav 2020 use to display who was singing the song and the title of the son, but lately it’s quit displaying the info. I noticed it last wee, but thought it was just the station. However, this week I have been dr our 2015 Lexus and it is displaying the above information. I have not...
  18. D

Shock Mount Torque

What is the difference in these two location both sound like the top mount of the shocks? Shock mounting nuts (Stem top): Turn nut until washer is snug then tighten 2 full rotations. Shock tower nuts: 55 ft/Ibs
  19. D

Key Fob and Its Battery

How long do the key fob batteries last? I have had my 2020 Ram 2500 for just over a year now. I replaced the ke fob battery on my key not long after I got it. Lately my truck has been saying touch fob to start button to start. Typically once it happens it will do that once in a day and...
  20. D

ZF 8 Speed Oil/Filter Change

I called about getting the transmission filter and fluid changed on my 2020 Ram 2500 6.4 with the ZF eight speed transmission. It has +73,000 miles on it and only about 9,000 miles of trailers towing. First dealership said $1,000.00 and the second dealership said $2.300.00. Both said it isn’t...