Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Leadchuncker

Exhaust System Service Required See Dealer

I always drive it out, it’s 30 to 40 miles from start to finish, always been like that.
  2. Leadchuncker

Once a month I’ve been hitting the interstate for a 50 mile run with the cruse set on 80mph. Lately I’ve had mixed towing and thought the interstate run would help keep it clean. Active regens are usually 30min to 40min, have never had one exceed that.
  3. Leadchuncker

So I did a 15 mile ride kinda fast, no light. The Edge jumped up to 94% but went back to 80% The DPF gauge jumped to 30% but went back to 25% Only one time have I seen it do a active regen at 25% with the edge at 100% Egt 3 got up to 750 degrees and it’s 85 degrees outside temp. Maybe it had...
  4. Leadchuncker

Thought it was odd it didn’t store the message. It’s been setting for around 30min and thought to go take it a spin and see what happens
  5. Leadchuncker

I shut the truck off, let every thing power down, started it back , the message went away and isn’t stored in the messages.
  6. Leadchuncker

Light just came on, DPF gauge is at 25%, Edge CTS3 says 78%. It’s getting close to the 24 hour regen and is using Def normally.. Now What ?
  7. Leadchuncker

Edge EZX info.. good or bad?

Mine regens every 7 days, roughy 400 to 500 miles. I burn a 2.5gal keg of def every 6 weeks, and Chrysler calls it normal, a little excessive but within sepc. Y’all may know this, may not, didn’t find out till the nephews had emission problems. The standard 100,000 mile warranty doesn’t cover...
  8. Leadchuncker

What does the missing sensor actually control or monitor?
  9. Leadchuncker

Couldn't help my self playing with level 5 once it was warmed up. Rolling into it from 35MPH my traction control went nuts so it is doing something lol. Egts don't look crazy empty on level 5, 600 - 800, haven't done enough gauge watching to drive pressure and FRP Actual vs Commanded. I'll be...
  10. Leadchuncker

Geno’s and a yearly service ..

Says 10w30 or 5w40 and that’s dependent on temperature. I live in the south, hot summers, mild winters with temps hardly below 20 degrees at night. The temperature range has me leaning to 10w30 but I may be over thinking that as well ..
  11. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

Yes ! My daily commute is 50 miles, and 95% of that is 65mph . Oh I’ve had it regen 3 times in 7 days before. If I’m towing it’s better or if I’m running empty on the interstate it’s good but my daily kills it. Chrysler says it’s within spec and doesn’t want to do anything about it. Ram care...
  12. Leadchuncker

Geno’s and a yearly service ..

It’s time to order filters and was wondering if Geno’s ever sends out promo codes or coupons ? As far as filters go I noticed a price difference between mopar and fleetguard with fleetguard being more expensive. Then both are more expensive then Doc’s. I know people that use Doc’s with no...
  13. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

I drive it 50 miles a day, it’s usually around 65mpg during that commute as well. During that with egt2 temp it should be doing a passive regen several times. As for a active regen it’s like every 1/4 of a tank of fuel and that’s a 50 gallon tank. It’s been at the dealer and Chrysler tells them...
  14. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

What are y’all’s driving styles? I try not to idle, I don’t drive like pawpaw but I don’t drive it like a wild teenager ether..
  15. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

So what are you watching on your cts3 ? A friend gave me a run down sheet he got from someone and I’ve got all that on the 3rd page , 1st page it’s egt 1 and 2, turbo temp, dpf pressure, soot % and the regen time and mile.
  16. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

Can’t remember if I told you or not … A mopar mechanic told me that the only solution to frequent regens is getting on the interstate for 50 miles at 80mph. He also said the dealer won’t tell you that because they are making money off Chrysler for warranty work when people bring their trucks...
  17. Leadchuncker

Edge CTS3 Regen % Soot

Can someone explain what the Regen % Soot is reading ? I thought it was reading the amount of soot in the dpf but I’m not sure about that now. Today running 80mph down the interstate it was on 45%, parked for 20 minutes, fire it back up and it’s at 15%, drive 3 miles and it’s up to 30% The...
  18. Leadchuncker

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

Oh and as for the missing sensor, they are installing them on the cab and chaise trucks but haven’t said when it would happen to the pickups. As for what they did to mine. The service department said this isn’t a recall yet but an open letter concerning bad dpf sensors and most trucks are...
  19. Leadchuncker

Just to let y’all and other know If your truck is regenerating very often, if your dpf gauge rises quickly or up and down a lot, if your using a lot of def, and even have low mpg, more then likely you have a bad dpf sensor and the program your currently running is faulty. I went to the dealer...
  20. Leadchuncker

In our bunch theirs 6 ram trucks, 2 3500 HO trucks, 2 3500 standard trucks, 2 2500 standard trucks. Mine is one of the HO’s and if you’ve read the post you can see what mine does. The nephews is the other, he drives the crap outta it, tows heavy 75% of the time, regens daily, uses 5 gallons of...