Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. hunterjoe

Trouble locating cause of vibration

I’m in MN. Really appreciate the offer. That was the next plan, to have them road force balanced and see if that’s it.
  2. hunterjoe

Trouble locating cause of vibration

Hey all. Been a minute since I’ve been back here. I’m having an intermittent vibration when driving. Usually doesn’t occur less than 50 mph. The severity and length of time it happens is very random. It really feels like a tire out of balanced but just had them balanced and issue still persists...
  3. hunterjoe

What is the going $$$$ for Night Edition wheels and tires? Getting rid of them as soon as I take delivery

I sold mine for $1,500. Had another offer for $1,300. I originally listed them for $2,000. Sold in less than 2 weeks on FB marketplace. In the Twin Cities.
  4. hunterjoe

17 speaker premium sound

Interesting they don't list any packages for the limiteds on the site but do for the longhorn and laramie. Maybe the dealer can get that added but maybe not.
  5. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

Removed the clips and did a traditional balance (although, doubt that was needed) and rides like it should.
  6. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

Yep. They didn’t remove the clips. Good call on that one. Not sure yet if that was the issue but that would likely be a symptom of that.
  7. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

I have the feeling that my passenger rear is out of round or won't balance with the beads. Dealer isn't really working with me to resolve it so I'm tempted to take it to a tire shop to see what they can do. Unfortunately I'd have to pay them, but at least it might get resolved. And if they...
  8. hunterjoe

Lets see what you are towing!

Finally hooked her up to a trailer. Was shocked how much better it towed the boat than the ‘19 1500. I wasn’t expecting such a difference until I was towing heavier.
  9. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

Dealer said they put balance beads in them due to the wheel/tire combo. Not sure why that's needed, but that's what they did. Anyhow, said it's just a symptom of the beads plus the size and aggressiveness of the tires. Something about the beads starting to stay in one spot at speeds? Anyhow...
  10. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

Will they damage the wheels? I sure hope not.
  11. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

That's what it feels like is an out of balance corner. Hopefully they'll road force balance for me. That's what it took to figure out the issue with the KO2s. I'm going to ask.
  12. hunterjoe

Tire Vibration?

Finally got the truck out for a road trip on the highway. It seems I have a fairly significant vibration that starts around 60 mph. It feels like a tire or 2 are out of balance. Would that cause a vibration or is it just the nature of the larger wheel/tire combo? These are the first time...
  13. hunterjoe

Take-off Wheel & Tire Current Worth

Sold my NE wheels and stock firestones for $1,500. They were new. Edit: Sold on marketplace
  14. hunterjoe

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Exactly what my guy said also. He's a local guy, runs it out of his garage and was a referral from a friend so I believe what he said. Doubt he's making it up to make a few more bucks.
  15. hunterjoe

20% I believe. Also did the ceramic on all but the windshield. Will do the windshield another day. He couldn’t do it today with all the cottonwood seeds flying.
  16. hunterjoe

Added window tint today and put her to work. About 2,400 lbs of flooring and about 250 lbs of other stuff. Barely knew it was there.
  17. hunterjoe

2022 Hemi vs Diesel Towing advice needed

Sure it is. You get to see them all the time. just wish they could figure out even a 40.
  18. hunterjoe

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

Need to get some better pics, she’s only a couple days old. Leveled on 20x9 +20 Fuel Hostage with 35x12.5 Ridge Graps, Retrax Pro XR cover, gatorback mud flaps.
  19. hunterjoe

6.4 gas transmission control

As far as I know you can limit the gear but not select it. So it can still downshift but not go above the gear you have the limiter set to. Which could work for you. For example, if it shifts between 3 and 4, just set the limit to 3 and let her stay in that gear. RPMs will be higher but you...
  20. hunterjoe

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Wheels are Fuel Hostage 20x9 20, tires 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. I didn’t get them from the factory order, can see the NE wheels and stock tires in the bed in the photos. I just had the dealer install them for me. Thanks! Loving this thing so far!