Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

What gears to limit towing 5th wheel

This is exactly what I did all day today. Worked great.
  2. J

Thanks all. Didn’t think tow/haul did it. Guess it makes sense now.
  3. J

Truck details in my sig. First time taking my fifth wheel long distance. About 12,000 pounds. Traveling I81 through PA,VA and TN. What gears do you limit? And do you limit any on level roads?
  4. J

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Yes, helped a lot, thank you. Gonna use it as I got it for this trip but will do this when I get back.
  5. J

I’m gonna mount it low like you did. Can you see traffic approaching on the passenger side like that? See it clearly for changing lanes? Don’t know if I’ll get to it for this upcoming trip tho. Very tight where the wire goes through to the pin box. I believe I saw that the fitting comes off...
  6. J

Awesome thread. Thank you. Unfortunately I have only 1 week left for a NY to TN trip. My first long distance trip and only 2nd trip in my new 5th wheel. Lots going on before this trip but definitely going to do this. On page 2 I see someone mount the camera very low. Unless I don’t have it...
  7. J

Can someone give me ideas how to route the camera wire for a 5th wheel. Or direct me to the post of some ideas. Pics would be awesome. Got the wire coming from underneath and my plug is by my license plate. As you can see in my pics, I tried using a spring but it’s still a mess. Maybe another...
  8. J

Camera wire trailer to bumper.

Mine is 33 feet and I go under. If I go along the top I don’t know how I would run it down in the front. Although I was thinking of lowering the camera and moving it to the passenger side some. This will give me some more length. My goal with it is to see cars that are clear of the end of the...
  9. J

Got to see if I have the length for this. How long is your trailer?
  10. J

I have the camera from Ram on the back of my 5th wheel. Any suggestions on how to run the wire from front of the trailer to the bumper? Need slack but also want to take up the slack. Tried this spring but as you can see it’s still a mess.
  11. J

Touch up paint

Cool. I’ll check. Thanks
  12. J

Touch up paint

Tried searching but couldn’t find anything here. Where do you go for touch up paint? I have Delmonico red. But the ram app tells me different.
  13. J

FINISHED.........Digital Tow Mode Camera Connection from Bumper to Bed

How did you suspend the wire up there like you did? This is mine on a test run in a parking lot. And I mounted my camera above my rear window, I think it's a little too high. Where did you mount yours?
  14. J

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

Yes, home, sorry for the late update. Everything went as planned like I explained above. NYS sent MD commercial plates. I went to DMV and got them changed to pas plates. As for the truck It's awesome. The 12 inch screen rebooted twice while driving. Other than that I had no problems at all...
  15. J

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dealer should have given you the von then you can track it on the Ramtrucks site.
  16. J

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

He finally got back to me. After I put "Help, NOT HAPPY" in the subject of email.
  17. J

What Def are you using in your Diesel?

Can someone decipher this date code if it is a date code because I can’t find anything similar. I just picked it up and I’ll bring it back If this is really three years old. The sticker on the box has it arriving at the OnCue station February 3 this year.
  18. J

Seats and mirrors changed overnight?

It was fine this morning. I must have hit the button on the way out the other morning. They are very close to the handle I haven’t programmed any fob yet. If that makes a difference. Also I’m keeping both in my pocket. Don’t know if this affects anything. Keeping my luggage in the bed and...
  19. J

It only did it one time. Like mentioned above maybe i may have hit the button on the way out. When I started it it didn’t go back closer. If I had the easy out feature I would like to know how to set it. I’m short and have the sit up pretty far and have the seat come back some would be nice. The...
  20. J

Maybe I did on the way out. I’ll see what happens tonight.