Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CurtJ

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

Sadly there is a lot of truth to that…:-/ Toyota builds a good product but I think Rams engineers are better than this and so are Cummins’. They all need to tell the EPA to take a flying leap and take this DPF and DEF crapolla off of these trucks OR make the Govt warranty our trucks for as...
  2. CurtJ

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

Well, went to my dealer last week with a CEL on and it’s another Diesel Particulate Matter sensor…ugh. This is the second one to go bad on my 2019. First one was covered by warranty at 20k and I’m sure this one WONT BE at 61k…grrrrr. I wish they would just shut the CEL off permanently for this...
  3. CurtJ

Dead battery or gelled fuel?

Had the exact same thing happen to me a few months ago; had to replace both batteries in a 3 1/2 yr old truck…:-/ Live in Indiana where the winters are not that brutal and my truck spends 99% of its time in my 60degeee garage. Volt meter still drops pretty low when I start it but comes back up...
  4. CurtJ

"Click" no start..

So here’s the update: Just got the Beast back from the dealer. They had called yesterday and told me the drivers side battery was shot and the passenger battery tested “good” by RAM standards; I told them to replace both with new MOPAR batteries I guess the factory batteries are not the same...
  5. CurtJ

"Click" no start..

Dang; guess I’m hosed as I have 49k on the clock. Doubt the powertrain warranty will do any good…:-/
  6. CurtJ

"Click" no start..

Hoping the warranty will cover it; if not unfortunately with being a Stage 4 Cancer patient I will have to have them replaced as I’m not able to physically do the work…….:-(
  7. CurtJ

"Click" no start..

This happened to me today; 2019 Bighorn with 49k. So I go to start my truck this morning, push the button and grid heater comes on; wait the 30-45 seconds, truck tries to fire and “click” I try to start it again and it says Fuel filters need serviced(I know that not it cause I just had it...
  8. CurtJ

Ic coolant low

Update for everyone; I added about 1/2 gallon of OAT compatible Prestone PreMix and the warning light has went away My concern now is how in the heck have I lost 1/2 gallon of coolant‍ in 3 years? No signs of leaks anywhere but have been hearing horror stories of guys losing their heater cores...
  9. CurtJ

Ic coolant low

2019 6.7 here with 48k on it; just had it serviced Friday and Sat morning my light came on for about a minute and went off. It was about 45 degrees in the garage as we’ve had some bone chilling temps lately here in Indiana. Could be the cause I guess. Checked the level this morning cold and it...
  10. CurtJ

Diesel Particulate Sensor in a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie with 4,100 Miles (purchased 10/23/20)

Don’t feel bad guys, been waiting on my sensor since April 8 2021. Keeps getting pushed back. Have put 8k on it without sensor and is running and regening ok. Guess we will get them when they want us to‍ have them.
  11. CurtJ

Subtle Grinding Noise When Feather Throttle

Yep! Mines been doing it for 24k miles. I was told to drive it until it breaks then they will know what’s causing it. Reassuring huh? It seems it’s not as bad if it’s in tow/haul mode but still there. Have heard from some others that it probably is the torque converter trying to decide where it...
  12. CurtJ

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

My 2019 Cummins 2500 has a terrible “grinding” noise either from the converter or the tranny when your driving it through town at a steady 30mph. Have had it to the dealer twice and they tell me they can’t recreate it‍♂️ I was told to drive it until something breaks then they will know where to look
  13. CurtJ

4 day old truck bad DPF?

Yep! My 2019 lasted 20k miles. Ordered the truck in Sept of 19 and got it in Nov. of 19 The Matter sensor took a dump back in April of 2020. Still waiting on the part AND still waiting on the cab mounts that they are going to replace under warranty and the TSB‍♂️ Very frustrating! They told me...
  14. CurtJ

2021 Power Wagon Height

Thanks everyone! Didn’t do the deal, the stealership tried to jack the price $1500 on me because of so called market adjustment............I told him as a Chrysler retiree mygreen slip price didn’t include any type of market adjustments and he let me know my EP price was adjusted $1500...
  15. CurtJ

2021 Power Wagon Height

Thanks. I really can’t believe they would build such a truck that wouldn’t fit through a standard 9x7 door but then again I know my luck. Based on specs I found on the web it sets as high as my 2500 with the 20” wheels, 80.9” So, we shall see.
  16. CurtJ

2021 Power Wagon Height

Looking at trading my 2019 2500 4x4 BigHorn Cummins for a 2021 Molten Orange 75th PW. My question is, will it fit in a garage with normal 9x7 doors? Dealer does not have one on the lot and will have to dealer trade if they can. Just want to make sure it will fit in my garage before I commit...
  17. CurtJ

I actually like my truck.

Agreed! With all it’s imperfections, I still love it! I ordered it exactly the way I wanted it.......minus all the issue mind you......lol! It has done everything it says it can do and then some! RAMTOUGH
  18. CurtJ

First oil change 6.7 SO?

On my 2019 I did my first Oil Change and Fuel Filters at 8k and the second one at 18K on the way to 28K
  19. CurtJ

slushhy trans

Like an Allison Transmission FCA’s engineers are capable of designing such a tranny like the Ally and I know Kokomo Transmission Plant can BUILD it
  20. CurtJ

slushhy trans

Terrible grinding noise in the tranny at 25-30mph when driving through town, the whole cab mount issue with the terrible rattling and something is loose in either the dash or headliner on the drivers side as well as having to keep the steering wheel turned to the left to keep the truck straight...