Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Engine won't start

So update on this:. I ended up replacing both batteries, then had an issue a few times when it wouldn't start. Next morning, dead in my driveway. Had to be towed to the dealer. After then having it almost a month waiting for my appointment date, they finally figured out it was a bad starter...
  2. T

Engine won't start

Thanks. I usually try to avoid dealerships altogether, but with it being a warranty issue, kinda forced my hand.
  3. T

Engine won't start

Turned out it was a starter that died, which was in turn causing a fuse fault. New starter fixed all. Took the local dealership service dept a week to fix the problem. I'm so disgusted with them. I had the truck towed over there over two weeks ago, then on the day I was supposed to get my...
  4. T

Engine won't start

Other threads I've read say maybe it's the starter? Kinda soon for a starter to die, but, built by the lowest bidder I guess...
  5. T

Engine won't start

It's under warranty and I just called a tow... On my roadside assistance. Apparently my local dealership "isn't set up for towing". Whatever. I'm just baffled by what this could be...
  6. T

Engine won't start

Just put in two brand new batteries, checked the fuses to make sure they're all pushed in, damn thing still won't turn over. Anyone have a clue?
  7. T

Engine won't start

Well I pulled the batteries and got them load tested, and was told they were both good, just needed charging. So I put them on a trickle charger to charge them up, and then I'll reinstall them and see what that does. Maybe an alternator issue? I guess we'll see. I've got an appt with the...
  8. T

Engine won't start

So this is kind of an ongoing saga. A couple weeks ago, my 2019 3500 Cummins out of the blue started going into battery saver mode when I would start it the first time each day for several days. This occurred with both remote start and normal start. Turning it off and back on got rid of it...
  9. T

Battery Saver Mode

This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Wasnt really cold... Lower 40s. Remote started and drove to the store. Couple minutes into the drive the radio cuts out and the EVIC pops up the "battery saver mode" message which I'd never heard of. Checking online for this issue, finding...