Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Gooseneck ball and chain tiedown kit, factory puck system

I've used this about six times, nothing wrong with it and no signs of abnormal wear. $175 + shipping
  2. A

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

Planning on a road trip from LA to just west of Ft Worth next month, towing a 15k 5th wheel. I believe the I-10 to I-20 is the most direct and flattest route. But I'm tempted to go I-40 to 84 and I-20 instead. The Northern route should be more scenic, but more hills to climb and about 30 miles...
  3. A

WTB: large enclosed trailer somewhere in the southwest

Planning on moving this Summer and need a large enclosed cargo trailer to move our household, some cars, and all my stuff. Ideally an 8.5X30 trailer with a 15k GVWR. I'm located in southern California. Thanks
  4. A

Winter towing & camping with 5th wheel

Just got home from our latest trip. Spent a week at the Watchman campground, located just inside the Zion National Park south entrance. Very peaceful camp, plenty of distance to neighboring campers. Saw lots of wildlife and went on nature hikes every day. Photo below taken yesterday morning...
  5. A

TRAXDA 1" front spacers

I'd like ro do some experimenting. Anyone have a set of 1" front coil spacers they no longer need? Please let me know, thanks.
  6. A

Safety airbags, how many and where are they?

Hello, I'm getting ready to run some wiring inside the truck and would like to make sure I don't interfere with airbag deployment. Trying to find a diagram that shows how the airbags extend down and around the sides. Found the following description with a search: Front-impact airbags...
  7. A

Can it be that my ISP is reading my emails?

Yesterday I exchanged emails with a friend and we talked about piston rings for a motorcycle engine project. Today I received junk mail from Mahle piston rings. I have not searched for piston rings in years, and I clear my browsing data & cookies frequently. I realize that it is legal for an...
  8. A

new subforum suggestion

Would it be worthwhile to start a new subforum where we could discuss routine maintenance procedures? I realise that maintenance procedures are already posted within all forums, and a search will usually find the info. Just thinking that focussing that info in a dedicated forum would make this...
  9. A

Anyone else using OBDLink App to monitor DPF regens and EGTs?

I've been using an OBDLink LX and their APP to keep track of when and how often the truck goes into Regen mode. As we all know, starting in 2019 the EVIC will display a DPF Regen but it doesn't really tell you when it is about to start a cycle. Attached are some photos of how I configured the...
  10. A

strange Ram Connect engine malfunction message

Got an email from Ram Service saying ATTN: Vehicle Malfunction Indicator Light Alert I connected AlfaOBD and could not find any error codes. Attached copy paste from email and a screen shop from cell phone App message. Any idea what this is about? No issues with the truck btw.
  11. A

wheel alignment when mounting new tires?

Assuming you are not making any other changes, would you have the front end aligned when mounting new tires, even though the old tires wore perfectly even all the way across?
  12. A

Hypothetical question about U5 8.4" Nav to U5 12" conversion

I'm considering replacing my 2022 Uconnect-5 8.4" Nav with a used 2022 U-5 12" screen. Tried searching here and the web but have not been able to find the info I need to make a decision. I see bits of info here and there, on one of the threads I found Jimmy07 stated: "UC5 12” and 8.4” WITH NAV...
  13. A

Skunk living under my house

We have a Skunk or maybe more than one under our house. I found that the metal screen covering the outside entry point was damaged and I saw one going in there. I've never had to deal with a Skunk, I could set a trap and catch it but then how to I take it away without getting sprayed? I don't...
  14. A

Vredestein tires, anyone using them?

I'm looking for a std 275/70r18 tire that will do everything, mostly hwy but also the occasional light snow and ice conditions. Must be tuff enough for a 3500 hauling a good size 5th wheel. Not too noisy and no vibration issues. Vredestein is an old tire company well know in EU, searched here...
  15. A

Anyone have a cure for a numb bum on long drives?

As I get older, I am no longer able to comfortably sit and drive for long periods of time without discomfort on my bottom and thighs. It happens when I drive for three or four hours or more, or when I sit on an airplane for a couple of hours. Not sure but I think the sciatic nerve may have...
  16. A

New old guy with 3500

Hi All, My name is Amauri, I'm 65 yo and just retired. I have a dear wife and an amazing young daughter. My background has always involved mechanical things, I've worked as a line mechanic at Datsun, Volvo, Toyota and GM dealerships. I also spent 25 years working on IBM mainframe computers, and...
  17. A

Front spring options for 2022 3500 diesel

I'm trying to fine tune the ride height on our new 3500 to better suit towing out 5th wheel trailer. Truck is all stock 3500 CTD CCLB 2WD with factory rear air suspension. I've positioned the pinbox height for adequate clearance to the bed rails, also adj the sensor linkage on the rear air...
  18. A

Serpentine belt diagram

Could someone please take a look at this belt routing diagram and confirm that it is correct for a 2022 3500 6.7 HO w/dual alternators? Also, is #1 on the passenger side the primary? Thanks