Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

Difference between subwoofer options

I'm thinking of adding a sub & amp to my '22. I see (2) different part numbers listed for a '22 (68381638AA) & (5064369AB). Is one an Alpine or generic Alpine and the other a Harmon Kardon? I've found both used online and not sure of the difference, if any. The one is fairly inexpensive and I...
  2. H

2022....Do I have ANC?

I've searched through the fprum without much luck in trying to find out if I have ANC? Truck is a '22 Tradesman. It came with the laughable 5". I've since upgraded to the 8.4" and I am thinking of adding an amp and sub. I've looked under the front seat but couldn't find anything obvious for an...
  3. H

Whats up with my volume?

So no matter what I'm listening to, radio or phone via USB/Bluetooth my volume stops about half way. Meaning if I continue to turn it up it doesn't get any louder. The factory roll off is horrible. I don't believe I have ANC as it's a Tradesman that originally came with the 5". I've updated to...
  4. H

Is it possible to display Torque Pro on my 8.4"

Pretty much what the title says. Anyone displaying their torque pro gauges on their factory 8.4"?
  5. H

Android Auto & SXM?

My free subscription to SXM just ran out. Being a 15+ year lifetime member I already have the app on my phone. I was playing around with it a bit today but I have a question or 2 that I was hoping someone else may have experience with. Truck is a '22 but that's probably not relevant. I can...
  6. H

Anyone here go backwards or downgrade?

Seriously thinking of selling my '22 for a plethora of reasons. Anyone here go backwards or "downgrade"? Looking at roughly a 2015-2017 2500 with the 6.4l. From my research I could potentially do this and put $30K in the bank, save a ton on maintenance and fuel costs and still have a nice truck...
  7. H

Rear sliding window rubbing noise

Anyone else's rear slider make a ton of noise? It sounds like the foam or seal is constantly being squished or is rubbing on something. It looks like it is sealed up good and hasn't leaked but the noise is constant as long as you're driving on even the smoothest roads. Hard to tell if it's the...
  8. H

Looking for Android Auto help

Any Android Auto experts out there? Now that I have it with my 8.4" upgrade this thing is driving me nuts (sigh). AA is going to drive me to AA . For starters no matter what I do I can not stop it from connecting to my phone via BT. I've unpaired, forgot device and forced stopped it dozens of...
  9. H

UC 3 5" w/center stack, SXM and AC controls

Upgraded to an 8.4". All parts are in like new condition as they are out of my '22 Tradesman with 1500 miles. You get the media player, center stack with A/C controls and the mounting bracket. Asking $260 shipping included to the lower 48. Paypal preferred form of payment.
  10. H

Should I have climate controls in my 8.4"?

Finally got the parts and installed everything today to upgrade my 5" to an 8.4". Everything works as it should but shouldn't I have climate controls in the 8.4"? The manual knobs works but there's no controls in the touchscreen. Do I need to buy AlfaOBD and do some voodoo magic?
  11. H

Lets talk skid plates

I currently don't have any and I'm thinking I want to add some or start a DIY project. I spend a good amount of time on gravel and rocky backcountry roads and I already miss them. Anyone have a full set or pics of what I might be looking at? I have access to free sheet steal and kind of want to...
  12. H

Time to upgrade to an 8.4"......could use some input

It's been a couple months and I just can't handle the 5". I thought I wanted to jump all the way to a 12.1" but after reading for hours and scrolling hundreds of pages of posts I can't seem to find the data I'm looking for or if it's even possible without spending a crap ton of money. It appears...
  13. H

Anyone add an auto-dimming mirror?

I would like to replace the oem flip style mirror that came on my '22 Tradesman. Everything I'm finding for aftermarket options is the digital style mirror. Anyone have a link or experience with just an auto dimming rear view mirror?
  14. H

'22 Tradesman: Can I upgrade to a 12.1" from a 5"?

If this has been discussed already please let me know. I searched through here and couldn't find anything. I came across a great deal on a 12.1" that's currently in a 2019. I have the base model 5" screen. Can I upgrade to the 12.1" with a new bezel and harness adapter? Or is there more to it...
  15. H

Factory sub install/questions

I have an opportunity to pick up a factory sub from an '18 for pretty cheap. My truck is a '22 Tradesman with the 5" UConnect and no factory sub. Any issues with fitment when installing the sub from an '18 into a '22? Highly doubtful there is factory connections in my truck for this so I'm...
  16. H

LEDs in the quad housing question

Just swapped out the factory bulbs for LED bulbs in my quad headlights on my '22 Tradesman. I went with a quality bulb around $100/set. The bulbs are super bright and have a great beam pattern but..... there's always a but. With the low beams aimed properly the high beams are up to high. I've...