Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Gear box

Onboard Air

Double Viar with tank on passenger frame rail with custom mounts. Lost a little bit of depth on storage bin in floor.Single pod display in cab for air bags and tank pressure. Used most of the riv-nut holes on that rail to avoid drilling frame.
  2. Gear box

Signal lights on running board LED strips

I have this done, used trailer plug wire and a converter box to drop the brake signal out. I used truck lite dual bright ambers (little rectangle ones) on each side step bracket. The strip lites will be a commanding look. Use these two Amazon links...
  3. Gear box

What was shipped with you RAM 3500 Laramie.. Floor mats, hitch reducer....

Dave, In the second #2 post here, Brutal has provided you the link. Lots of information there.
  4. Gear box

Error code P0733 popped up today - updates

Most likely they will flush your lines with solvents and air. Todays coolers are more difficult to flush by there design. Hope they get you fixed up right. The ZF transmission is an excellent unit you got a dirty casting possibly. I like to do fluid on that unit at 50,000 miles.
  5. Gear box

Show Me Your Lights

They are holding up fine , a little tight to wire up behind the step brackets but well protected there. They just use two sided tape to stay In place
  6. Gear box

4 Post Auto Lift Recommendation

Yes -the advantage 4 post does not need to be bolted down
  7. Gear box

4 Post Auto Lift Recommendation

I second on the advantage lift. Lifts truck fine, after swapping to a wider offset wheel I have to be really careful on placement tires hang off about 2” each side. Beats laying on the concrete ! A wide body Dodge would probably be the same. Also clears for drive under on stock suspension- 83” I...
  8. Gear box

Broken Axle, Need Help Diagnosing

Wish when my guys break axles they made it that easy too replace. Source a new/used axle pull the old one out take the bolts off clean up the hub for gasket/silicone.Reinstall new one let her buck. How heavy were you?
  9. Gear box

New 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

Search RV tailgate. Maybe that would give enough clearance when towing
  10. Gear box

Turbo actuater module failure

On ISB Cummins at work I push it to thumb and index finger free movement. Has not backfired on me yet. Actuator is pretty easy job, be sure to recalibrate after installing, We have some VGT turbos with 350,000 on them with second and third actuators on them.
  11. Gear box

Slept in Ram last night - truck won’t start

I would check all large gauge wires and connections from battery to starter. Most likely one is loose.
  12. Gear box

67 Designs… wtf

Time to brush up on your plastic welding skills. small piece of an old front bumper should work for material.
  13. Gear box

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

I also agree - some parts of that section are terrible, went thru in March and they couldn’t even get the wrecks out of the median in a safe/timely manner!
  14. Gear box

New truck in and oil change question

Not disputing warranty claims at all. But TBN doesn’t lie and the oil we use can hold up quite well to 24+ month age. The TBN never goes below 3 at this duration that’s why we check it. Blackstone does charge for TBN yes. And yes I may be open to another lab. Not trying to derail this thread...
  15. Gear box

Blackstone laboratories actually told me in a report one time that oil doesn’t spoil and not worry to much about time. But the guy that has to take that three year old filter off may curse you. I like to age out oil at 2 1/2 years on our fleet trucks.
  16. Gear box

I don’t see if you are Gas or Diesel in that chassis? A gasser would be right on the edge at 7400 miles. I would probably run it that distance if not to severe of a run. If it is a Cummins I would run it the whole trip. I have done oil analysis on first oil changes(diesels)several times never...
  17. Gear box

2017 3500 Laramie 6.7 HO Dually 4x4 w Aisin and 4.10 rear - >"Service electronic brakes issue"

With the low mileage. I would reseat all of your fuses and clear any codes
  18. Gear box

Blend door problem, calibration?

Try it while engine running and leave fan speed off. Hold A/C button for 10 seconds that should put it in recal and you should hear actuators running Good Luck
  19. Gear box

Blend door problem, calibration?

Step 1: Turn your fan to the lowest possible setting. Step 2: Hold down the climate control/conditioning button for 10 seconds. Step 3: Let go of the button, then press and hold it again until the lights on the button start flashing. GOOD LUCK !
  20. Gear box

No blower after car wash

Check the filter for restriction