Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. cj8rockcrawler

New update breaks stuff

After the last update I tried all the reboots etc. I then noticed that some of the missing functions showed up on my wife's profile. I deleted and reinstalled my profile and all is well now.
  2. cj8rockcrawler

2024 ram 3500. diesel start up

My 22 does the same thing. I remember reading that it is common, but I don't remember the cause. My 04 still fires right up.
  3. cj8rockcrawler

Yellowstone in July

If you can't get a site in Yellowstone. There are several in Grand Tetons and the area in between the two parks. When we went several years ago, the main RV park was closed for remodeling for the season and ended up in Grand Tetons with full hookups vs. Electric only in most of the sites in...
  4. cj8rockcrawler

Closing Diamondback bed cover cab side

This is the back, but the front is the same. If you loosen the nuts, you can slide the plate up or down and it controls how tightly the lock rod holds against the underside of the bedrail.
  5. cj8rockcrawler

Closing Diamondback bed cover cab side

I must have mine looser then you do. If I push down on it from the Driver's side, it will close, but if I go push on the passenger side after it is latched, I can hear and feel the rod engage the bedside further.
  6. cj8rockcrawler

Making the switch to HD

18s definitely ride better. I run 18s in the winter and the factory 20s in the summer. The difference in ride is definitely noticeable.
  7. cj8rockcrawler

2024 RamBox availability

I opted to delete for the larger bed and the reports on problems with them warping and not sealing well with the temperature extremes in Minnesota.
  8. cj8rockcrawler

Burnt battery cover

My 04 did that overtime as the material aged, it deteriorated.
  9. cj8rockcrawler

Trade in 4.5 gen for 3rd gen ... am I nuts?

Nice truck! Looks like my 04.
  10. cj8rockcrawler

What did you do TO your RAM today?

What do you think of the crossbin? I've been thinking about ordering one to go with my Diamondback.
  11. cj8rockcrawler

2500 Leveling Kit

You can't go wrong with either one. I've run equipment from both of them for years on 2 different trucks. I'm still running parts that are over 15 years old on my 3rd Gen without issue.
  12. cj8rockcrawler

Rear Frame Cracks in front of rear spring bracket

My money is on hauling a slide in camper...
  13. cj8rockcrawler

2500 vs. 3500 (both with factory auto level rear air suspension) towing stability with 1,000 lb TW and 8,000 lb travel trailer

Another vote for the 3500 for all the reasons already listed, plus the fact that the 3500 suspension is air assist vs. The 2500 bring full air suspension in the rear. If you lose an airbag with the 2500, you lose your suspension. With the 3500 you can still limp your truck and trailer somewhere.
  14. cj8rockcrawler

Rear center seat headrest

I did the same... I removed the middle one to be able to see better out the back.
  15. cj8rockcrawler

Aisin PPE Bypass cooler & oil pan....

I was thinking the same thing. I think the Aisin already runs pretty cool compared to the 68 and other auto transmissions I have.
  16. cj8rockcrawler

Foam cup holders lower door pocket.

It's a trim level thing whether you get 1 or 2.
  17. cj8rockcrawler

New update last night (Nov 8 2023) 25.51

I have had the same issue on my 12 inch for several months now. It's really annoying when hooking up a trailer, especially if you need to pull forward to make a minor adjustment.
  18. cj8rockcrawler

READY FOR ACTION: 2024 Ram 2500 / 3500 Heavy Duty

How about they just make a better latch that doesn't release on its own. I haven't had it happen (and have had the recall done), but have wondered a few times since I can't see it with my diamond back cover. My solution is to just tap the backup camera to see if I see the ground or the car...
  19. cj8rockcrawler

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Nothing in the app for me either with February 22 truck build and a January 22 transmission build.
  20. cj8rockcrawler

Trailer TPMS not pairing

Mine randomly work or not as they please. I think I ended up parking the truck next to the trailer to pair. The truck receiver is behind the rear bumper.