Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. oscar

Chassis failure.

Apologies if this is old news, posting dates elsewhere show recent. For those unfamiliar there are brackets mounted on the chassis to tie down the camper. Most are Torquelift brand and use existing holes and hardware, with a few additional pieces. NO DRILLING. We can't see on the picture what...
  2. oscar

High Idle

Greetings esteemed knowledge body. Yes, I did a search. Lots of talk about regens, and don't see the correlation (yet) So, after idling for a while, 5-10 minutes, the truck goes to high idle for about 5 or so minutes. This happens in ambient temps of 40-90ºF Anyone know why? Thanks. (Yes I...
  3. oscar

2020 3500 Diesel Front Hitch

Ordered the Draw Tite 65084..... Fits perfectly except for the two honking radiator/oil cooler supports that are in the way with the Cummins. Be nice if they put that on the listings...... Does anyone know of one that fits, or do I have to get Mr Migz out to put about a 3" drop on there? Thanks.
  4. oscar

Serious inverter power.......

Some of you may find this interesting.... Serious inverter power is an ongoing quest for many traveling away from home, be it RV'ing, overlanding or just hanging in the guvernment lands....... . I finally bit the bullet and am installing a system, but with a twist..... Link is to my blog which...
  5. oscar

Battery Connections

Not sure what the right forum is, I know most of the traffic is here. Installing a 60A Sterling 12VDC to 12VDC charger to charge a "house bank" while driving. (To power inverter for camper, but that's another story for another thread). I found a nice fat unused post on the Pos Bus that has the...
  6. oscar

RetraxPro Tonneau

Re-listing with proper data: Fits 2020 RAM 3500 DRW with 8'bed and maybe others, check with manufacturer. Heavy duty aluminum, lockable retracting cover. These list North of 2K, I'll take $1000 Located in Bethlehem PA, we can talk about meeting somewhere. (basically $.50/mile to cover fuel cost)
  7. oscar

Tonneau Cover and Bumper Step

EDIT: New stuff has come to light. New listing created. I have an aluminum rolling hard tonneau cover and a left OEM bumper step. Got myself a truck camper and these items had to come off and I don't have enough space. The cover is in good shape with a few scratches here and there that a little...
  8. oscar

Louvered tail gate for 2020 3500 DRW

Anyone know of one that fits? Even eTrailer is a "nope".......... Looked at the net, but those require you to drill 175 holes in your truck and that ain't happening. Thanks......
  9. oscar

Easy Greasy.......

Save me the easter egg hunt please. How many, if any grease points on my truck? On a side note, is there an affordable service manual out on the "free market" for my year yet? Thanks.
  10. oscar

Bleeding fuel line........

Getting ready to change fuel filters/water separator. Done this more than once on same engine in Motorhome. Except there I pre-filled the filters on the dirty side. Even came with a nice plug to close close up the clean side. The most real looking video I found for these trucks, although same...
  11. oscar

Not quite towing..... Truck Camper

But suspect more knowledge will be here than other forums. By law each manufacturer shall provide a load sheet showing the center of gravity range allowed for a truck camper. It shall be provided to the first owner. See attached sample. I did not find any with my 1 year old truck..... Any idea...
  12. oscar

Alternator performance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the RAM in my sig came with a 180A alternator. I plan on "feeding" a B2B charger. The bank can take any amperage, but I can't load up the alternator to max for three hours. Sooooo, the question I have is how much does the truck use while running? (Lets say...
  13. oscar

Ride Height

Got the nice air bags and lots of auto mumbo jumbo. Understand the "Alternate Ride Height" hard button, and then in the big scrutinizer (Interface) there's a suspension page and it lists: *Tire Jack Mode *Transport Mode *Wheel Alignment mode Now, in the book it lists one more: *Bed Lowering...
  14. oscar

Disregard......

Ooops wrong forum.....Mods please delete. Thanks.
  15. oscar

Greetings from a Long Horn.....

Greetings, New to the forum, not new to forums. Proud new owner of a barely used white 2020 3500 dually with 11,000 miles and the Long Horn trim. VERY nice truck. With the recall in the works I figured I'd take my chances. I believe I had the CP4 on my 2013 Duramax, never an issue. Only thing...