Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. mkresser

Used 2022 Tow Camera 68527599AA

Hey - would you still happen to have this? If so does the kit include the camera, mount and long, funky cable? Thanks!
  2. mkresser

Oct 2, 2022 TSB 08-155-21 for Uconnect 5 Nav - 12” / 8.4”

Hey TxRam - I believe the update above does apply to the 8.4 non-nav, but you would have to check the sales codes against your build sheet to be certain. BUT....there have been additional updates since that TSB was published back in October. I know I have received at least 2 since then. I...
  3. mkresser

8.4 Uconnect 5 Nav top shortcut control disappears

If your truck was build in late September, it is subject to the TSB. They also provide a VIN number check. You can see your current version by doing this: On the screen, tap Vehicle, then tap Settings, scroll on the left side and tap Systems Information, tap on Version Information. The...
  4. mkresser

This is what you want. Mine had to be done at a dealer although others have reported that they got an update OTA. The TSB states that the dealer needs to do it. Thread 'Oct 2, 2022 TSB 08-155-21 for Uconnect 5 Nav - 12” / 8.4”'...
  5. mkresser

Did you check the TSB for Uconnect 5? I posted it last week. Check your software version.
  6. mkresser

THAT'S IT. That's what mine said after a flash at the dealer. The picture below was from BEFORE the update..don't make fun of my "Men At Work" musical selection!!
  7. mkresser

Interesting. The TSB says it requires a flash drive for the install and a file from Dealer Connect. Those updates are usually not OTA I even called Regional Uconnect folks and still had to go to a dealer!
  8. mkresser

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Sorry..I certainly didn’t mean to compare U5 not working to people dying, especially since I picked up a new 2022 truck a week ago and I do wonder what that is all about. I was just trying to make the point that even if the dealer says there are NO recalls, you may still want to do your own...
  9. mkresser

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

The U5 TSB was pretty broad….pretty much every 2022 with Uconnect! That said, I assume the factory has started updating all the trucks still in production. Also, my friend picked his truck up at the same dealership four days after me and the dealer had already done the update. I would not...
  10. mkresser

YES. I did that before I left the dealership so I would know for sure it had been done. On the big a$$ screen, tap Vehicle, the tap Settings, scroll on the left to Systems Information, tap on Version Information. Everything you need is in there. After the TSB, you should be running...
  11. mkresser

After I told my dealer about the U5 TSB (which I got from THIS FORUM) he said that he called his regional FCA rep and she didn't know about it either! Nuts. To their credit, they did put me in contact with a regional Uconnect person who knew right away what was going on. I kept trying to...
  12. mkresser

I got a 2022 Laramie Hemi on 10/4 that was built on 9/12....but a Crew Cab...and no Blind Spot Monitoring..but free camera wiring that wasn't ordered!
  13. mkresser

Wow that is beautiful. Stunningly beautiful. Congrats!
  14. mkresser

The TSB is supposed to be applied to any 2022 with UC5 on 12 or 8.4 screen and be performed prior to dealer delivery. Mine just slipped through as the TSB was issued 2 days before I took deluvery. Seems that making the dealers do the flash would be a better solution than shutting down...
  15. mkresser

I took delivery last week of a 2022 2500 and the Uconnect 12” completely failed within 2 hours of driving. That said, there is a TSB out for that very issue so not really a “build” quality issue as much as a UC software issue. In other words, I can’t blame the Mexican plant as they did their...
  16. mkresser

I wonder if thats what happened to mine because it worked fine at the dealer and then crapped out 2 hrs later. Maybe it received its first OTA update at that time.
  17. mkresser

Thanks…I think what makes mine a bit hard to find is that it is a gasser with air ride and 4.10s and towing tech. Most of the higher end, tow oriented builds are Cummins.
  18. mkresser

Damn….this sequence of possible unfortunate events is depressing! Now I’m beginning to see why my local dealers are pushing back On doing the warranty work.
  19. mkresser

The backpocket deal is that the dealer will take the truck back, give me back my trade-in and I walk away to find or order another truck. There has been no mention of a helping me work a deal through another dealer. I had searched the country for a year for this exact configuration that I...