Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. E

Forum software/Theme updated

My post is not actually about what I see on the web site, but about the emails I receive titled "Ram Heavy Duty Forum - See what you have missed". Sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place. The problem in the emails is that the thread titles are in a very deep blue color. I cannot read that...
  2. E

2022 3500 Interior lights

Thanks, that should fix the problem.
  3. E

Oh, you were saying that neither of your two dials affects the map lights and dome lights etc?
  4. E

I can turn on all the lights using those switches. The problem is even with all the lights on, the overall lighting is too dim and yellowish, and insufficient for reading a map or any printed material. This Big Horn only has one dial by the light switch, and that one controls the brightness of...
  5. E

Got my factory order 3500 CC SRW Big Horn 6.4 4x4 4.10 in February. I like it a lot, but when I tried reading the printed manual at night, I found the interior lights to be way too dim. The manual says there should be a wheel to adjust brightness, next to the one for adjusting instrument...
  6. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

BTW, I assume that the HD's come with anti-lock braking systems, as lighter vehicles have for years.... Has anyone heard about anti-lock braking systems being integrated to include the trailer brakes?
  7. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Yes but there is a servo to supply the effort, so I shouldn't have to!?
  8. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Regarding brakes on the HD, I get it that with only 4 small patches of rubber on the road, and increased weight, it will take longer to stop the HD truck. Still, I am a bit surprised that so much effort is needed to push the brake pedal. I would have expected losing the grip sooner, with more...
  9. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

I have now test driven a few RAM HD's (none matching what I plan to buy), and all of them seemed to have weak brakes compared to my 1500. Is that to be expected?
  10. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Somebody said that for a 1 ton here in AZ, it would have to be registered as commercial, and as a result of that, I would be stopped for checks and would have to go into weigh stations along the roads. I called up the MVD and asked. Yes, I would be registered as commercial, and this would add a...
  11. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Yes, I noticed that. Bottom line I still believe the hemi will work for me.
  12. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

I spent some time visiting with a friend who passed through my area towing a 40 ft 5W with a 2020 chevy gasser. When he purchased the truck new in Florida, he knew he needed 1 ton payload, but he didn't get a 3500. What he got was a 2500 with an optional upgrade to the rear springs. There is an...
  13. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

I am tempted to think that same way.... I would be able to tow a 14,000 lbs fifth wheel.... But the IkeGauntlet (see Youtube) didn't go that well for RAM HD with hemi. I do much of my towing on steep mountain grades. Perhaps one needs the diesel for braking when going downhill with a heavy fifth...
  14. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Difference in weight will also affect gas mileage and acceleration, so that is another reason for wanting to know how much heavier a 3500 is.
  15. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

I looked it up for AZ: Here it depends on vehicle value only, computed by a specific formula.
  16. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Interesting. That brings me back to my question: What is the difference in weight?
  17. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

If the 3500 purchase price is the same as the 2500 purchase price, I would expect the value of the vehicles to be considered the same for tax purposes. Then the tags should cost the same, no?
  18. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

As I said, the website most definitely allows a 2500 build with 4.10, and I do include the limited slip differential option. When I ran a 3500 build, just to see how much more it would cost, there was no limited slip option to be had, and the total price at the end came out just a little bit...
  19. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

How does that work, if the purchase price is about the same?
  20. E

3500 gas vs 2500 gas

Of course I want the 4.10 axle. I got worried when one dealer yesterday told me that they could not configure a 2500 with 4.10. bit they could with a 3500. Judging by the website, that was false alarm. Or, is it possible that a configuration that works on the website turns out to be impossible...