Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

Improved ride quality on 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4wd 6.4 Hemi

Don’t even think about going with the 20’s. Increasing tire diameter on the 18’s will improve your ride and is better for off roading. Just get it out of your mind that you can make the 2500 ride like your 1500. Take it from someone that tried. I am sure that with a lot more money it could, I...
  2. H

After having installed the Thuren front coil springs and Fox shocks the ride quality did improve. But not enough for me to keep the truck. I still missed the ride of my 2020 Ram 1500. The fact that by raising the truck and adding the 34 inch tires my city mileage dropped to 12 mpg did not help...
  3. H

My stock wheels are steel 18” diameter by 8” wide. I upgraded the tires to 285/75r18 Falken Wildpeaks. The tires did help along with lowering the pressure to 45psi front and 40 psi rear. I would think with the 17” rim you could go to a larger tire (34 to 35”) and gain an even better ride than...
  4. H

LETS SEE THOSE 35'S ON STOCK WHEELS

Well today I pulled the trigger on ordering the Thuren 2" coil spring kit that includes the track bar and four Fox 2.0 IFP shocks. Sure hope this $1410 makes the big truck ride smoother. I am a little concerned after talking to the Thuren rep as he indicated that the 6.4 Hemi Ram 2500 is a...
  5. H

I have a very slight rub when I back up and turn the wheel to the lock. The tire is probably rubbing on the Weathertech mud flaps as I cannot see any rub marks on the inner fender well or suspension components. The slight rub will disappear after the new front coils are added. Can you...
  6. H

I know what you mean relative to harsh. I came from a 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn that had a very nice ride. I was not expecting the 2500 to ride near as nice but the advertisements that say the 2500’s ride is luxurious certainly have never driven one. I think the new springs/shocks should eliminate...
  7. H

Recently installed 285/75r18’s on my new 2022 2500 Tradesman. The bigger tires do make a difference in ride quality above just lowering the pressure on the stock Transforces. Also installed the Thuren sway bar. Next up, Thuren front coils and Fox 2.0 ifp shocks on all four corners. Real...
  8. H

In my original thread I said my new tire size is 275/75r18 but meant 285/75r18. By spec the tire is supposed to be 34.8 inches in diameter. After seeing your comment I went out and measured the diameter as the truck sits and the diameter comes in at just over 33.5 inches. So you are correct...
  9. H

On the tire pressure you need to know what weight in the unloaded condition your front and rear axles are supporting. You can come close by looking up the towing specs for your particular truck or weigh your truck on a scale. The specs will show what your empty weight is and how that is...
  10. H

Having switched from a 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn to the 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4wd truck I was a little taken back by the relatively rough ride. (Yes I am an older guy and like a comfortable ride.) It started with the factory Firestones being aired up to 85 psi by the dealer and on the 45 minute...
  11. H

2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman in TX

Just purchased my first HD Ram 2 weeks ago (2022 Tradesman, 4wd, 6.4 Hemi, 3.73 gears, olive green metallic). Have had several 1500’s over the years but now wanted an HD to pull a travel trailer during retirement. Already installed nerf bars, mud flaps, and rubber floor mats. About to install...