Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. b1lanc

Truck moves when put in park with Emergency Brake engaged

Not sure what sub-forum this might fit in. I've noticed this since day one when trying to line up the gooseball with the Goosebox. On flat and level ground the truck will move maybe an inch or less - sometimes forward and sometimes back. This happens with or without the emergency brake...
  2. b1lanc

Unconnect screen goes blank - Sirius music blasting - can't shut off

In downtown area and have my google maps programmed for directions. Suddenly 12 inch screen goes absolutely black and Sirius music starts blaring. Mute button wouldn't stop it. Turned truck on and off and music came back immediately (not anything I would listen to). Turned my android off and...
  3. b1lanc

Not something you want to see

No idea what year it was, but not a pleasant sight. Was a dually towing a Momentum - Wolf Creek Pass. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=658522362969313&set=a.222157129939174
  4. b1lanc

Tow mirror bolt torque?

Anyone happen to know the torque for the bolts holding the tow mirror in place? Backed into my garage and forgot to retract them. At least I only took out the pax side:mad: and not both. Thanks.
  5. b1lanc

Trying to understand CAT scale weights

Trying to figure out why my 3500 weighed in heavier then just prior to picking up the RV a year and a half later and first long trip mid May? Cab had a few more items (40lbs maybe) prior to the trips so I'm surprised that didn't show up. Most of weight drop is front axle? I also saw a drop...
  6. b1lanc

Cat Scale question - with/without trailer

Sorry, think I posted in wrong sub-forum.
  7. b1lanc

Driving on eggs - not sure which sub-forum to put this

We just returned from a 5500 mile trip from New England to Montana and back. Before we left, I put new Michelin tires on. No problems on the trip except my mpg was terrible with all of the head and crosswinds. 5th wheel weighs in at 15.5K. Get home and disconnect and 37-42 mph, the truck...
  8. b1lanc

What are the internal differences between HO and SO?

Just curious - another forum poster said HO has lower compression ratio? Just curious.
  9. b1lanc

Michelin Agilis Crossclimates?

Anyone put these on their 3500? My OEM Transforce tires are too close to start a 5500 mile trip with 5th wheel behind and left front has a 2 inch carveout in the outer tread band. TV is also my daily driver and we do get snow here. Thanks
  10. b1lanc

alfaobd & update to fuel tank size

I know I've seen some discussion on this, but my search queries are coming up empty. I upgraded the fuel tank in my 2020 to a titan 55gal and would like to set the ECU to 50 gal rather than the 32 now. Looking on Alfaobd site, it seems like I'm constrained to the PC or android versions with...
  11. b1lanc

Factory puck Inside Diameter specs for Gooseball shank?

Does anyone know what the engineering specs are for the factory puck Inside Diameter where Gooseball shank sits? I have tried three gooseballs (B&W and Curt) and they all have excessive play when locked both back and forth and up and down in the puck leading to loud clanking on start/stop with...
  12. b1lanc

Mopar DEF supplies drying up?

Not a bad thing given their price but I was going to be passing by the local RAM dealer and thought I'd purchase 2.5 gal. None and they are sourcing their DEF from Autozone. They have an FCA memo warning of DEF shortages. Anyone seen the memo? No shortage of Def in the stores. A lot of...
  13. b1lanc

Inside Diameter of factory puck Gooseball receiver?

Does anyone know what this Inside Diameter spec of Gooseball receiver is on 2020 3500? I've PM'd Ramcares and all I received back was it's in spec (meaning the shank of the gooseball which is not what I was asking - I have the shank specs). Visited my independent tech today. We both have 2020...
  14. b1lanc

B&W Gooseball wear and noise in factory puck?

Pulling a 15K 5th wheel with a Goosebox Gen 2 and a B&W Gooseball. Gooseball seems to have some play in the factory puck system and I was getting a clank (loud) on start/stop. I tried a light coating of red lithium on the shaft, but that did not cure the noise though it did help. I've seen posts...
  15. b1lanc

Gooseball sleeve noise in factory puck system

Pulling a 15K 5th wheel and about 2200 miles into trip, started to get a clanking sound (loud) when starting or stopping. At 3100 miles now and it is getting worse. B&W OEM ball and Reese Gen 2 Goosebox. Nothing loose on the goosebox, but the gooseball sleeve seems to have some play in it...
  16. b1lanc

Pulling a TT or 5er? Where/how are you mounting your screens for TTMS/Backup Camera/Garmin/Whatever?

Pulling a TT or 5er? Where/how are you mounting your screens for TTMS/Backup Camera/Garmin/Whatever? I quickly found out that anywhere on the dash proper will block some of the windshield view a lot. I kind of find the center dash tray with12v cigarette lighter a bit useless, but not sure if...