Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. tyler2you

SOLD: Diesel Fuel and oil filters, tools--2019 - 2024 6.7

Sold locally--thanks for looking Sold my 22 3500 and have some leftover maintenance supplies to sell. 2 ea 68157291AA Engine mount fuel filters 2 ea 68436631AA Chassis mount fuel filters 1 ea 28mm low profile socket for fuel filter canister 1 ea 5083285AA Engine oil filter 1 ea End cap filter...
  2. tyler2you

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Yep, I plan to check with the dealer tomorrow as well. Although the majority of folks didn't provide their serial numbers, I take minor comfort in the fact that there aren't any 2B transmissions on the list.
  3. tyler2you

March 10, 2022 build. Nothing in the app.
  4. tyler2you

Duh, now I see it. I wonder why they wouldn't go ahead and list the affected VINs in the CSN?
  5. tyler2you

Gotcha, when you said you wondered how they narrowed it down, I assumed there must be numbers somewhere. Reading the CSN, it doesn't appear they narrowed it down at all and are going to replace the K1 Snap Ring on every 2022 3500 with the Aisin.
  6. tyler2you

Where are you seeing serial numbers? I must be missing it . . .
  7. tyler2you

Guess what I messed up today

If you haven't figured it out already, check fuse F51 to see if it’s blown.
  8. tyler2you

Don't buy these locking hitch pins - InfiniteRule Security

Yeah, that lock cylinder was a really bad choice. I'd never seen a lock that easy to "pick". No skill required.
  9. tyler2you

Don't buy these locking hitch pins - InfiniteRule Security

Yeah, I looked at those pins to secure my Shocker hitch to the drop bar, but figured a pair of 5/8" grade 8 bolts torqued to 150 ft. lbs. with red thread locker would probably be just as secure. They'd need a pair of 15/16" wrenches/sockets and a lot of leverage to bust them free. Might even...
  10. tyler2you

RSU 23-003 22MY DJD2DDDP TRUCKS 6. 7L CUMMINS NO START **]?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10231765-9999.pdf
  11. tyler2you

Setting up Equalizer WD Hitch - those that have please chime in

That's got to be some expensive shipping. I bet they hate getting returns on those beasts.
  12. tyler2you

Do You Lube your Fuel Filter O Rings?

I like it on carry guns. It stays put pretty well unlike TW25B or oil which tend to disappear after a few weeks of hot weather carry.
  13. tyler2you

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Edit: My bad--didn't see you canceled the 2022 and bought a 2023 . . . Sounds like there's going to be a few dealers that get to eat the cost for performing the warranty work on 2022 trucks too early...
  14. tyler2you

Trying to line a straight edge along that welded on plate isn't possible on mine due to the bead. It would probably be more accurate to lay the straight edge along one of the flat side plates and use calipers to take measurements of the space along hitch insert at a couple of points.
  15. tyler2you

Sorry for the derail . . .;) Hopefully it will pull itself straight :rolleyes:
  16. tyler2you

Yeah, I think the reason you see so many older ones still around is because folks are willing to put the money into fixing them due to their desirability where they wouldn't with a standard travel trailer. Having owned a couple, I wouldn't put durability at the top of the list of "pros". Ever...
  17. tyler2you

I'd say it's more an issue of the "skin/shell" not being strong on its own. I haven't seen any issues in regards to the actual frame being weak. The skin needs to be riveted/attached to the frame/ribs to maintain its rigidity. I believe this particular problem is a result of Airstream...
  18. tyler2you

It's actually not the frame that's suffering the damage. The connection between the frame and the shell is getting damaged and causing additional damage to the shell when it shifts around.