Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. G

Can you open a damaged tailgate?

So this painful. A 5th wheel hitch that appeared latched failed open and our hitch banged into the tailgate. It will not open electrically. (And we can’t raise the trailer high enough to clear it). If you remove the tailgate cover, can you manually open the latches? The only other idea I...
  2. G

Fuel Filter change interval?

Hey, just did the oil change with the dash saying it was still 40% ok (about 10K miles). The fuel filters are reading the same (40%) and mechanic did NOT change those, saying he believes should only need to change fuel filters every 3rd oil change or so. (He may have been told this by Ford?)...
  3. G

DPF stuck at 5%?

Hey, my truck had the DPF gauge sit at 0 for 30,000 miles, and now all of a sudden it's varying between 5 and 25%. (?). There's no indication it's doing a full regen (is there supposed to be?). I took it out and drove it 50 miles on the freeway hoping it would purge itself out but that only...
  4. G

Cummins 6.7 "Cabin Heating"

Hey, My truck does (what i consider)a funny thing when it's cold. It starts, and after a minute or 2 the computer runs the idle up to 1500 RPM and it sits there racing until i touch the gas pedal. (This would be during remote start). I guess it's a good feature, but the truck revving like...
  5. G

Silly question (Bed Lights)

Hey, on my 1500 limited, when you opened the tailgate, the bed lights came on (always). On my 2500 Limited they don't come on unless you open the door (?) and then they time out. I poked around in the settings menu and couldn't find anything that would change them. Is there something I can...
  6. G

Towing a 5th Wheel with a lifted truck?

Hello. I just bought a (new to me) 2019 RAM 2500 that I'm going to tow a 12K# 5th wheel with. Something I should have noticed when I bought is that it appears to be lifted (maybe 4"). As far as I can tell the lift seems to be of good quality, it has Fox shocks so the whole thing may of come...
  7. G

5th Wheel Towing addition?

Hey, can you add the 5h wheel equipment to tow a trailer after purchase if it doesn't have one? Is there an issue with being equipped with a Ram Box and a 5th wheel hitch? I found the truck I wanted, but the 5th wheel group wasn't equpped and would like to add it. Thanks!