Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Will 2019 Ram 1500 Rear seats fit in a 2021 Ram 2500?

DT series; model years 2019+. The "1500 classic" is the old body style (DS series).
  2. T

U.S. Full-Sized Truck Sales Comparison: Q2 2023 vs. Q2 2022

I almost ordered a GMC Sierra instead of a Ram. What tipped the scales is that the Ram was the only truck on the market which was both short enough to fit in my garage (if just barely) and available in the trim level I wanted. With any of the other manufacturers I'd would have either needed to...
  3. T

Dumb question about towing capacities 5.7 Hemi (ex 3.21 v 3.92 gearing)

In the 1500s, the difference between the 3.21 and 3.92 axle ratios is basically trading a high gear for a low gear. The final drive ratios for 3.92 gears 2-8 are basically the same as 3.21 gears 1-7. With the 3.92 you get an extra low gear (good for getting a heavy load moving). With the 3.21...
  4. T

Don't buy these locking hitch pins - InfiniteRule Security

From LPL, it is! Especially compared to his videos for other hitch pin locks.
  5. T

Don't buy these locking hitch pins - InfiniteRule Security

LockPickingLawyer was able to pick one in 30 seconds, but said "It does require some skill, which is more than I can say for most of the hitch pin locks out there. [...] This may be something that you want to consider."
  6. T

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

At this point I think I've checked everywhere except the engine bay. :p Not a big deal as I don't need it, but it seems like a strange thing for Ram to stop including.
  7. T

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Mine did not, despite being told by the dealer that it did.
  8. T

Ram 2500 brakes

The brake pedal on my brand new 2023 seems soft as well. It's not quite "master cylinder is failing" soft, but it's definitely different than my 1500 was. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or alarmed to hear that it's normal.
  9. T

2023 Trailer Towing Cameras & Surround Cameras - Available or Not? And how to order a config that will work...

That's the camera I really wanted but I wasn't willing to step up to a Limited (which would have subsequently required the Cummins diesel) to do it. If you can't even get the camera to go with the digital rearview mirror I'm doubly glad I didn't go that route.
  10. T

2023 Trailer Towing Cameras & Surround Cameras - Available or Not? And how to order a config that will work...

Man has Ram made camera options hopelessly confusing. I just picked up my 2500 and am trying to figure out which options — if any — I have for adding cameras that will integrate with the truck. My truck has the 12-pin bumper connector. I didn't include either XN1 or XFQ on the build, but...
  11. T

RAM 2500 Limited - Hitch Receiver Height to the Ground

For clarity, was the truck in alternate trailer height mode when you took this measurement?
  12. T

Uconnect 12" Screen Fixes Needed and Suggested New Features

Semi-workaround: Press up or down until you're no longer tuned to one of your preset channels, then press the middle button; it will take you to your first preset.
  13. T

The information available via order tracking doesn't expose anything between "In Production" (E) and "Vehicle Built" (KZ). In particular, it doesn't expose the J* status codes where a truck is shipped to a body vendor to add spray-in bed-liner, steps, etc.
  14. T

No. That's the longest anyone has spent in C (order confirmed). To be fair, that value is from the second order on the tracker sheet, which means it was placed before production started so a long time in C is to be expected. Here's an updated version of the chart for total time by order: This...
  15. T

I think that would only skew the time in C which is all over the place anyways. I assume most of the longer KZ times are due to the diesel recall. It would be interesting to see if there are any correlations between build configurations and D1 times but I don't have enough knowledge of...
  16. T

Ah, well... I'm not sure I can correct for that. It's a chart showing how many orders (vertical axis) spent a given number of days (horizontal axis) in a given state (colored bars). The intent is to illustrate how likely an order is to spend N days in a particular state. The taller the bar, the...
  17. T

And... it isn't a normal distribution. Silly of me to assume that it was. Happily, Google Sheets has a "Histogram" chart type which makes this easy. The chart below provides a more accurate visualization. It plots the number of days spent in a state against the number of orders which were in...
  18. T

It's in the table at the top of the post. mean = average, median = middle (half of samples above, half below), mode = most common. Substantial differences between the mean and median indicate that outliers are skewing the average. The mean values match the peaks of the curves in the...
  19. T

Times are all over the place, especially for confirmed to scheduled. I finally used the data on the tracker spreadsheet to create summary stats and a couple of charts.
  20. T

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

I made a copy of the tracker spreadsheet so I could visualize how long trucks are spending in each state. First, the summary: C D1 E KZ 1 8 1 0 Min 151 97 35 55 Max 62 26 7 10 Mean 55 15 4 7 Median 53 13 2 1 Mode 37 22 8 10 Standard Deviation Here's a chart of the number days...