Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R. Yates

I/M Readiness or OBD2 Readiness - Smog testing

Anyone had to deal with this readiness thing in order to get smog tested? Smog guy said I had to drive around for 100-150 miles without the A/C on for them to do the smog test. They said it's probably been sitting too long. That I can confirm, it's been at the dealership getting repaired for 9...
  2. R. Yates

Clearing codes

Does anyone know if when you clear the code for a clogged DPF (assuming there is one) if you can avoid or override the possible 5 mph limit mode? I'd like to get my truck back from the dealer but don't want to end up driving it back to them at 5 mph. It's currently in reduced power mode.
  3. R. Yates

Regen doesn't work?

Has anyone had the experience of a regen not clearing the DPF? I have so little trust in my dealership that I'm wondering if they are not BS'ing me for the more lucrative repair of a filter replacement.
  4. R. Yates

Tool for manual regens

Can someone tell me the cheapest and easiest way to do manual regens? I have learned the hard way about clogged DPF's. Ram needs to do a better job of warning people about the real life consequences of short trips. (like $3500 to replace the catalytic converter) They tell me I need to keep an...
  5. R. Yates

My continuing air filter nightmare

Mostly a bitch post at this point. I replaced an air filter that was allegedly causing the engine light to come on. I put a Mopar filter in and the engine light stayed on and now the dealer is telling me that the filter can't have glue strips. The one I took out had no glue strips and worked...
  6. R. Yates

Engine light because of after market air filter? 2020 2500 diesel

I was told that my engine light came on because of not having an OEM air filter. I'm highly suspicious since whatever filter is in it has been there for the last 8000 mi. (I bought the truck used) I recently had my CP3 replacement done so they're saying that because of that, the filter problem...
  7. R. Yates

Fuel pump

Has anyone actually had the faulty high pressure fuel pump replaced under warranty? I supposedly am in line for one in Nov. I have my doubts my dealer is going to get the part.