Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Thompsre08

2019 RAM 2500 WATER LEAKS IN CAB

Its the marker lights. I have the same issue on my 2022. I have to park with the nose of the truck facing slightly downhill in my driveway and its fine. If I point the nose of the truck up the hill, the rain seems to catch on the front of the roof marker lights and make its way down the driver a...
  2. Thompsre08

Hard Shifts all of a sudden to 2nd and 6th gear

Hopefully you have better luck than I did!
  3. Thompsre08

Yes it did after they reset it and made it relearn. Would be worth checking to see if you truck is posting any subtle engine codes though. My tranny didnt completely fail. It started sounding somewhat harmonic at certain RPMs and then i pulled a code that signaled bigger problems.
  4. Thompsre08

Well my experience wasn't great. At 35k miles my transmission failed.... took 50 days and no loaner to get a new one installed under warranty. I'm less than pleased with RAM.
  5. Thompsre08

Looking at a 2022

Based on your gasser for $64K you are getting a $10K option with the diesel and the limited trim for another $6k. I don't think thats a terrible price but I live in the PNW and pricing out here is nuts so $70k doesn't seem too bad haha.
  6. Thompsre08

2022 2500 68rfe failure p2701 code

You are correct. I spoke with my case manager last week and she informed of the same this or that information for rental cost or loan payment. I'm supposed to be getting an update from them today with dollar figures for both options. Hopefully this is just a speed bump and does not create...
  7. Thompsre08

2019 Ram 2500 Starting Problem

Take the batteries out and have them tested at an auto store. They may still show voltage but be failing.
  8. Thompsre08

Talked to the dealer last night and it sounds like they have the new transmission in hand but still haven't received any updates on the transmission cooler so they are in a holding pattern. I've given that info to ramcares (not expecting them to be that helpful) and will be calling FCA corporate...
  9. Thompsre08

Lower rear of 2500

That is true haha. Mine sits perfectly level with my 5th wheel hooked up.
  10. Thompsre08

Lower rear of 2500

Curious to hear anyone’s feedback with the Kelderman. I’m interested in that setup as well
  11. Thompsre08

Well the dealer got a new transmission approved by Ram instead of a rebuild so hoping to see it in 2-3 weeks
  12. Thompsre08

PO755 Code

Is your truck a HO with the Aisin or SO with the 68RFE?
  13. Thompsre08

Finally got confirmation from the dealer this afternoon. Transmission is shot. The dealer officially diagnosed it as this: “P2701 is Inadequate Element Volume 2C, which basically means the 2C clutch requires way too little fluid volume in order to apply it. Typically, this is caused by the 2C...
  14. Thompsre08

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Sorry for your loss. It’s never easy. We lost one of our Aussies of 9 year last October to a really aggressive liver cancer and it still hurts
  15. Thompsre08

Transmission Issues - Chrysler Denied Warranty - Help!

Is that because of the “black balled” status? I have yet to see two dealers that share any maintenance or warranty information other than what may be reported to carfax. Just asking because it seems like ram has a hard enough time coordinating parts availability for general maintenance and...
  16. Thompsre08

Didn’t say it was about me??? Take a breath. Not all dealership systems are linked to share data so it would be worth a shot to clear the code and see what happens with a 3rd dealer assuming all 3 are not part of the same franchise
  17. Thompsre08

It’s not being denied. Everything is being repaired under full factory warranty coverage
  18. Thompsre08

I would clear the code for the airbag overload before takin it to the 3rd dealer and let that pop up With then try to recreate the issue
  19. Thompsre08

Yeah I may be interchanging the incorrect term. “C retainer clip or snap ring that retains some cylinder for the overdrive clutch is what it understood from the code it threw. Or a bad valve body which I think would be more preferable and require less invasive repair. If it’s the retainer...
  20. Thompsre08

If these transmissions can’t handle 35’s on stock gearing then they are a joke. I ran 35’s on my 2017 2500 for 80k miles with no issues and ran 35’s on 3 tundras before I jumped into the Cummins. I drive about 20k a year between work and recreation and the tranny started acting up while unloaded...