Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Air Horns

For those with air horns be careful how you use them, it could cost you. https://www.al.com/news/2024/04/mississippi-man-awarded-17-million-after-truckers-horn-designed-for-train-damages-hearing.html
  2. J

24 Aisin Experience

I know the subject of 68rfe vs Aisin comes up often. I don't have any experience with the 68rfe but I wanted to put my experience with the Aisin out there since I just bought a new 2024 3500 SRW with the Aisin and I regularly drive a 2022 3500 DRW and a 2018 3500 DRW, both with 4.10 gears, with...
  3. J

Power steps with air suspension

I have a Ram 3500 with the air suspension ordered. I am looking for power running board options. I have found that AMP has a relocation bracket for the air tank that will allow their steps to work. Are there any other options out there that will work with the air suspension? Rough Country and...
  4. J

3500 SRW suspension

I test drove a 22 3500 SRW short bed with air suspension. I was impressed with the ride and put a deposit down to buy it but the dealership had to fix a couple things first. After 3 months they never got it fixed and sent it to auction and refunded my deposit. I can't find another similar truck...
  5. J

Rebel GVWR

I searched but haven't found what I am looking for. Can anyone that has a Ram 2500 Rebel confirm the GVWR and GCWR? The build and price site says the GVWR is 10,000 lbs but I am looking at 2023 trucks for sale online and the payload and towing are much lower than a similarly equipped Laramie. I...
  6. J

Select Inventory Bonus Cash (MACN3C)

I have been looking at left over new 2022 Ram 2500s and I ran across one that had an incentive named Select Inventory Bonus Cash (MACN3C). It appears to be 15% off MSRP. Has anyone else seen this rebate? I did some searching and it appears this rebate might be tied to specific VINs but not all...
  7. J

Power Wagon vs Rebel

I know this topic has been discussed some already but I wanted to bring up my specific case and how I am thinking through deciding between ordering a Power Wagon and a Rebel and I would like feedback. My situation is I currently have a Ram 1500 that it's time to replace. I volunteer with a...
  8. J

2023 Power Wagon GVWR

I was looking they the 2023 order guides that were posted here and saw something that I didn't expect. I'm the standard equipment section the Power Wagon is listed with a GVWR of 10,000 lbs. This is interesting if correct. I figure it's a mistake though. The last column in this screenshot is the...
  9. J

2023 Ordering

I think ordering on the 2022 models opened in May last year. Is that the typical schedule? The reason I ask is I really like the Power Wagon but it's tow rating isn't enough for a trailer I tow a couple times a year. I started to order a Laramie with the 6.4 a couple months ago but some of the...
  10. J

Ordering a truck

I am looking to order a 3500 HO Tradesman for a non profit disaster relief group I work with. I have searched the forums for the dealers that are giving the best pricing and the info seems to be scattered everywhere. This is the list that I have come up with from searching. Mark Dodge - Lake...
  11. J

Resale Value

I'm looking at ordering a 2500 Ram. Comparing a Laramie with the 6.4 how I would want it to a Power Wagon how I would want it the price is very close. I don't currently do any heavy off roading and here in Alabama I'm not sure there are many trails a heavy duty would fit down. I do need to tow...