Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

BakBox w/Diamondback Cover

I had it on my last truck, which I had for a couple of years. I wasn’t impressed with it. it wasn’t built for heavy items.
  2. S

Gen Y and Reese goose box question

I used a B&W Companion hitch for a number of years. I turned the arms around which moved the hitch back about 3. If I remember correctly, that took somewhere around 100lbs. off the front axle. With the front axle weighting about 5K, that’s only moving about 2% of the weight off the front axle...
  3. S

5th wheel to gooseneck adapters

There is an important distinction to be made between gooseneck adapters that fasten to the pinbox, and gooseball conversion pinboxes like the Reese GooseBox and the Gen-Y. The adapters have been known to cause damage to pinboxes or trailer frames.
  4. S

2022 Bed clearance to 5W body

yes, that’s at the rear and I’ll take it.
  5. S

Actually, according to the tape measure, using alt height mode does give me more clearance. Not a lot more, measured 1/2”. But I’ll take whatever I can get.
  6. S

If you use the alt height position, that will give you a little more clearance. No, I haven’t measured what the difference is.
  7. S

Info on Goosebox replacement Reese or Gen Y or any other good options and solar upgrade costs questions

I’ve got a GooseBox on my 5th wheel since ‘18 and pulled it about 30K miles. I’m pleased with the GooseBox. The problem with needing to release air to unhitch, is not a very common problem. I’ve hitched and unhitched dozens of times without any problems.
  8. S

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

Lippert does not own Reese. Reese is owned by a totally different company. Lippert does have a marketing agreement with Reese to be the exclusive distributor of the GooseBox.
  9. S

BakFlip on a 2022 Limited w/ RamBox - Any Owners?

I have a Bakflip MX4 on my 2019 Ram 3500 cc sb. It has four sections and folded up against the rear window, only partly covers the bed camera. My guess is that a three section on a short bed would totally cover the camera and a four section on a long bed would also cover the camera.
  10. S

Auto exhaust brake

I haven’t used the automatic feature for quite awhile, but as I recall, when in automatic mode the exhaust brake when coasting like down hill, the exhaust brake engages any time the vehicle speed gets up to the speed when you hit the brake pedal. It worked great on long down hill grades where...
  11. S

Additives and Heated Shed

I live in the same area as you. I never worry about using additive. The fuel suppliers in that part of the world do an excellent job of making sure that gelling won’t be an issue.
  12. S

Tonneau Regrets?

I have the 6’ 4” bed.
  13. S

Tonneau Regrets?

I leave mine partially down.
  14. S

Reese Goose Box Clearance for CCSB?

I have a ‘19 Ram 3500 cc sb and have a four section Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover. When turned about as far as I want to, there is still some clearance between the back of the Goosebox and the tonneau rails. Is there a chance of hitting the rail? Yes, there is. Ive been towing with sb trucks and the...
  15. S

Bed Cover with tool box under it.

Yes. It took some searching to find one that fit under the cover.
  16. S

Bed Covers

I have the four section Bakflip MX4 on a Ram with a 6’ 4” bed and it does not cover the camera when folded up against the rear window.
  17. S

New Diesel Fuels? New Owner Recommendations

I’ve occasionally used the 5% blend in my ‘14, ‘17 and ‘19 without any problems.
  18. S

New Diesel Fuels? New Owner Recommendations

Cummins has approved the use of a 5% blend of biodiesel In the SO and HO versions of the 6.7 engine.