Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. BigDaveTX

SRW or DRW

I get that I may be in the minority here but I'm very happy with the power, pulling power and driveability of my SRW. If I still had my TT it would be the absolute bomb. I'm at the low end of 5th wheel rigs and it's an excellent solution for me. Obviously if your needs are for a big 5er then...
  2. BigDaveTX

SRW or DRW

I had to consider the everyday drive and went with a 2500 SRW. At that time I was towing a TT and it did it with a breeze. We decided to go to a 5er so I had to look at payload and with that pin weight. The 2500 CTD 4WD really limited my pin weight so I found a rig with a small enough pin wight...
  3. BigDaveTX

Lets see what you are towing!

Looks like my previous tow, 26SAB. My 2500 towed it effortlessly. So smooth in fact we decided to go to 5er for more room for our XL lifestyle!
  4. BigDaveTX

Hello from the People's Republic of Washington State

Our requirements were similar to yours. As the name suggests I need a King bed, roomy shower and like you wanted an auxiliary sofa sleeper for occasional guests (we've had a couple already). We have a 2500 CTD so pin weight was a limiting factor. We decided on a Cougar 316RLS. (picture in the...
  5. BigDaveTX

First tow

Just finished a 3300 mile trip with the new 5th wheel. Across West Texas, Stop in Tucson for a few days, store the rig in AZ for final leg into California, back to the rig, few days in Prescott and a few days back to S. Texas. The truck pulled great, rode great. A few mountain passes, just...
  6. BigDaveTX

Lets see what you are towing!

I thought I'd already posted this but I can't find it so here it is (again?) The day We Picked It Up.
  7. BigDaveTX

5th Wheel Hitches > I am So Confused!

Thanks for the info. I guess my hitch question has sailed, the dealer installed the Pullrite (at 200#) so that's that for now. I liked the single point concept but the dealer wouldn't install one.
  8. BigDaveTX

Just finished my first week with my Keystone Cougar 316RLS and Pullrite Superglide. Like others mentioned, payload is the big limitation so with pin weight, hitch weight, and passenger weight, I need a hitch that is as light as possible. Only about 120 miles for a shake down trip and I couldn't...
  9. BigDaveTX

I've researched it and it looks good. I checking if there are other options. I'm definitely leaning toward Anderson.
  10. BigDaveTX

Any comments about a light weight fifth wheel hitch? With the hitch weight I'm looking at I need to save on my payload number.