Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Price negotiated from MSRP

looks like doc/processing fees really could even out some of the prices on here. mark dodge used to be $200+ and is now $400+...that koons document shows $899. not sure what granger is...
  2. T

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

they probably have been told to push their on lot inventory...two years ago, with no inventory, sold orders of course made sense. dealers probably aren't too keen on ordering a truck when they have 30 on the lot. granted my initial response would be to ask for your build and see if we could...
  3. T

Mopar Buy 3 get 1 tire promo?

just picked up 4 tires for our run around car - discount tire was $1070 (without the certificates) and got the same tires for $830 at a local dealer. Price per tire was the same, mounting was slightly cheaper, one "free" $220 tire also saved $20 in taxes making up the difference. The only...
  4. T

Discount On Leftover 2023 6.4 April '24

make an offer on the 23...worse they can say is no. well, they can call you names and laugh but oh well...ask them why it isn't cheaper than a 2024, see what they say if the 23 wasn't ever repriced then the $60k 2023 is a $55-56k truck in a 2024 and with similar rebates, the 2024s will be...
  5. T

looks like Mac Haik is being real aggressive pricing their long bed 2500s
  6. T

unfortunately no...also notice that if you click on the window sticker link in the add the MSRP is "now" $55k+ vs $60k even at the $55k price point, paying $43k is approx 22% off which I'd think on a tradesman, and with the current rebates, is the best deal I've seen on a 2024... they are using...
  7. T

Ram offered a 10% rebate several times over the past 6 months on the 23s...20-22% off MSRP is what buyers realized back then, so that would be my starting point. noticed the 23 rebates are no longer populated online, says "contact your dealer" wonder if the 23s were "re-stickered" as well or...
  8. T

Fuel filters backordered

This is where I ended up getting them...appreciate the lead...
  9. T

Pre purchase recommendations?

As someone who has driven a truck with an 8ft bed since the late 90s (mostly duallies and one 3/4 ton) the thought of going to a 6'4" bed is just out of the question. we have a 2021 2500 crew cab and I cringe every time I drive it...I know you're looking for interior room going with a mega cab...
  10. T

Fuel filters backordered

I'l stick with OEM simply for the fact I have a 2022 that stays hooked to a horse trailer, has about 30k miles, and if I end up having any fuel issues, the last thing I want Ram to say is..."why aren't you using OEM"? I've had my years of K&N filters and even a "Green" brand oiled air filter on...
  11. T

Fuel filters backordered

Noticed that the usual online sites that offer the genuine mopar fuel filters (geno's and others) are backordered until the end of April. Anyone know of other reputable sites/businesses/Ram dealers? The cheapest I've found them at a "local" dealer is +$250 for the pair.
  12. T

Pros / Cons of Certain Features (Custom Order vs Dealer Inventory)

I'd extend your search based on this alone. Granted I know some like to do business locally, but there's a point where doing so isn't the best idea financially. What you're looking for I'd expect is somewhere within a day's drive as long as you aren't out in the middle of nowhere (minus the...
  13. T

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

here's my 22 3500 (bighorn)...this is with a teenage driver and the random "discounts" through farm bureau (good driver/student, companion, loyalty, claims, etc) - and yes, this is an annual policy (we pay quarterly but i think you can also pay monthly without any additional charge) go back...
  14. T

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

insurance in our area (the south) went up approx 30% last year. anybody/everybody you talked to said their rates went up - home/auto, everything. Had a tornado completely destroy a school and apparently that single company underwrote the majority of schools in the state so the schools'/other...
  15. T

2025 Ram HD

same here - F150 rental over the summer and really liked the screen setup - granted I only have the 8.4 but i'd definitely prefer the "landscape" version of a bigger screen vs the vertical/portrait
  16. T

Potential Purchase

what part of the country are you in? In our area even the small town dealers that barely have 30+ total vehicles have 4-5 in stock 2500s. One of the larger dealers has 150 on the ground, local medium size dealers have 30-40-50+ on the lot.
  17. T

Potential Purchase

seeing as how he has 1 post and joined a few days ago, he'll probably never post again. I did the same thing, was like, whats up with the extra charge, and then noticed his name/hometown was on the buyers order and the dealer is in GA...if I was him I'd just find a 24 closer to me and wait on...
  18. T

2025 Ram HD

for the majority of driving, the dial I guess works fine, but I don't like using it one bit. I'd hate to have to try and "rock" the truck while being stuck with the dial vs a column shifter. was with my daughter driving our 21 6.4 and she pulled out into traffic a little too far and attempted...
  19. T

Potential Purchase

he's having the truck delivered from Georgia to Texas - that's where the extra $1500 transportation fee is coming from. The doc fee is a little much for sure... I usually stay away from those type of dealers...then again, Mark Dodge is now $425 I think
  20. T

Potential Purchase

boils down to if there are other options on it that you "want" on one... here's one closer/cheaper, ask them to help you out on the cost of a b&w gooseneck and bed liner https://www.roncartercdjr.com/inventory/new-2023-ram-2500-lone-star-4x4-crew-cab-3c6ur5dl3pg566482/ the discount on the one...