Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. carlrx7

Dually Rear fender liners.

My 20' has them from factory. Bean counters.
  2. carlrx7

Dc to dc charging tie into 3500 battery/alternator

I went the DC-AC-DC charger route. My RV came with a gen transfer switch but no generator. I installed a 2kw inverter behind the rear seat of the truck (2awg), then ran an extension cord (12 awg) to the back of the truck. The other end of the extension cord went to the transfer switch...
  3. carlrx7

aftermarket trailer TPMS systems - what are you using?

TireMinder i10. mounted the repeater under the trucks hitch so it works with all my trailers.
  4. carlrx7

Harmon Kardon sounds terrible!

This right here.
  5. carlrx7

Front end noise

Brought it in and they didn't find anything out of spec. Wasted a trip.
  6. carlrx7

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

I asked the dealer to swap mine out today and they couldn't find any guidance from Ram on what to do. Sent @RamCares a message to assist. If anyone can share how they got it swapped out, please share!
  7. carlrx7

Dirty air filter, but is it really?

I just changed mine. Now i feel like a dummy because it didn't look half as bad as that one (12,5k miles). New one was all white media vs yellow. Anyone know why, it was a mopar replacement from Geno's?
  8. carlrx7

Front end noise

Hey y'all, Been getting a lot of front end noise (popping) while towing my 5th wheel (16k). It only occurs while starting from a stop. Just wondering if anyone else has this strange noise while towing. I'm thinking of bringing it to the dealer, but hesitant because it only does it while...
  9. carlrx7

off topic - trailer tires

How long does everyone run their tires before replacing? I'm at 4 years, tires look good, but have a 1500 mile move coming up in October. I put new Carlisle's on 4 years ago and they have been awesome, 81 MPH rated. This is on a 4k boat trailer, single axle.
  10. carlrx7

RV Battery Charging While Towing

My RV has a residential fridge. The truck does not provide enough juice via 7-way to keep batteries full. I have 540ah of lithium now and don't worry about it, Note, the truck charges the lithium batteries with less amps than the lead acid due to the higher cell voltage (13.2 vs 12.6). Get...
  11. carlrx7

Electric over Hydraulic Trailer Brake Controller Compatibility on 2020 and up Ram Truck

I have Electric over hydraulic on my fifth as well (disc brakes) No issues, make sure the truck is configured correctly in the trailer connect screen. My fifth is 16k so I use Heavy.
  12. carlrx7

Towing gain & brake

I use the highest setting with out locking the wheels up going 50 mph, then i bump it down another 0.5 gain. Get up to speed and grab the brake controller and have your passenger look for tire smoke. Sometimes its easier to start high and drop it low. That way brakes are nice and warm and...
  13. carlrx7

Vehicle Performance TSB 18-012-21 REV A. (RTT 21-027)

Just got back from a 900 mile trip towing the 16k 5th wheel. At first, 2nd gear lockup was hitting like a mule. It either learned to smooth out the lockup or I started giving it slightly more throttle to keep it happy. Nothing else to report except 5th gear + 3.73s = 65mph = 2000rpm sweet...
  14. carlrx7

wheel weight placement

Took it back and the kid doing the balancing (he didn't take them off) thought the inside was the outside, since my aluminum wheels can be reversed to fit on the front, it was actually balanced backwards.... all good now.
  15. carlrx7

wheel weight placement

ya... I was thinking the same..
  16. carlrx7

wheel weight placement

Needed an outside dually tire replaced. Got the truck back and they put stick weights in the middle of the rim. Not sure what they were thinking??? maybe thought the wheel was to be installed the other way? I plan to go back and correct it. Have you seen this? and would you call it good?
  17. carlrx7

Lets see what you are towing!

Ram's first pull with a 5th.
  18. carlrx7

For what it's worth, my Cruise control has always been aweful. It's always a day late and a dollar short with the small overpasses. Set cruise to 61, speed goes down to 58 before any boost increase shown on the gauge, then it overruns to 62 on the down side and hard lifts back down to 59, then...
  19. carlrx7

Did they flash the wrong pump? Not sure how it can be verified, but that's the only thing of. Check under your dash and see if you can find any evidence of water/rust for that buzzing and brake swoosh sound.