Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

Thanks, I’m happy with the spacing I have with these as the Sumo version were too long and engaged way too soon for my needs.
  2. S

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

So far they are great and I’m also a Thuren fan so besides the carli add a pack I’ve got all Thuren suspension products. Future plans are the 2.5” Fox shocks and possibly full leafs depending on how their new load control Boogie bumps work out.
  3. S

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I like your decision making ha but ya install is pretty simple, as instructions state that bump stop mounts vary between trucks and there may be some weld slag or imperfections that need little filing to get the bumps to slide on all the way. I didn’t need to file anything, just some taps with a...
  4. S

I have the the Thuren .5” coils for my 3500 and netted 1” of lift based off center of wheel hub to fender measurement. With the softer coils I can still bottom out the front on hard hits so these soften it up a lot. I don’t have rears yet but I have leafs with the carli add a pack so different...
  5. S

Also installed Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps, more pictures in Suspension page post.
  6. S

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

Installed Thurens new Front Boogie Bumps, these are their own not the Sumos. I had the Sumos from them before but did not like how they almost touched the axle at ride height. It meant any bump it was engaging them and felt harsh. The new V2 Boogie Bumps are a little shorter this more space...
  7. S

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Tahuya is a fun spot, we take our Samurai there and cruise around the trails with the kids. We usually park and watch the built rigs climb up the big obstacles. The last weekend and up to Tuesday were nice weather to go out.
  8. S

Just about finished with the 23 3500 build

Thanks for the reply, I currently have timbergrove airbags and was just thinking about switching to Carli bags. I only lose about 1” of down travel with mine connected at the axle so not too concerned. Was more after the smoother function of Carli’s tapered bags vs the double bellows for when...
  9. S

Just about finished with the 23 3500 build

Do you have the 1” block also with your add a pack? I also have the add a pack but didn’t use the block and interested in the long travel bags. Just not sure if I’ll have enough room with only the 1” lift the add a pack gave.
  10. S

Lets see what you are towing!

21ft Work and Play with the Suzuki Samurai loaded inside.
  11. S

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Awesome work and build, if I need a shop and some knowledge I’m messaging you and asking what you charge to rent the shop some of your skills for a day ha.
  12. S

Thuren Front Boogie (Sumo) Bumps

Will do, might get them from Amazon like another member suggested for east return if they don’t work out. I’d like to try them and if it’s softer run them with trimming one rib off.
  13. S

Yes, had some I believe 1” pvc pipe scraps and used, can get measurement later if needed. Worked great though, lesson learned is leave the drain line open when removing the cap. Think vacuum in the system pulled more in once I cracked the housing open so it was full again and spilled some.
  14. S

Got some maintenance done, fuel filters, air filter and cabin filter. Was able to keep fuel leakage to a minimum. Have the correct air filter installed now instead of a WIX I installed last time. Even though it had glue strips I never had an issue but definitely the oem quality is better. Got...
  15. S

I’m sure warranty/liability reasons but nevertheless it’s good info, thanks.
  16. S

I also added my smaller streamlight, 14 yrs so far of using them in the Coast Guard so I’m spoiled now and have to have one everywhere. But I just stuck mine in the armrest console and plugged into the usb outlet so it charges whenever the trucks on. Might screw it down so when I flip up the...
  17. S

Pretty much what I’m thinking compared to your setup, the softer coils are moving through the travel faster. Guess I’ll just save up for 2.5” Kings with good valving for later ha. But I’m the meantime the ride is improved and I’m happy. Maybe I’ll try the blue ones out and see if it’s a smoother...
  18. S

Ya I’m not sure but immediately leaving for the test run I hit the same long speed bump leaving the neighborhood and before I could feel the suspension absorb the hit and with the black sumos it instantly engaged them and didn’t allow the coils and shocks to work as intended. And then other...
  19. S

Just wanted to give my experience on my 3500 with Thuren .5” coils with Thurens front boogie bumps which on the 19-23 rams they use sumos. With .5” TF351 coils or stock these will give a harsher ride on bumps. This being that stock or the low lift coils do not provide the lift and spacing that...
  20. S

3500 Torklift Front Camper Mounts

Rears sold, still have front mounts left.